Monday, November 9, 2020

Praise Post #9 - 2020

 

October 2018

I'm writing this on a Sunday and church is on my mind. My church decided it was in our best interest to close down for the next two weeks due to a rash of COVID cases among our attenders. I miss being with my people!

But I'm so thankful for all the church famlies I've been a part of during my lifetime. I am praising God for 5 of them today.

1. I must start with my home church, Cornerstone Church. I started with them 24 years ago as their secretary. Three years later, they had become so engraved on my heart I had to become a member. They truly are my people.

2. Trinity Assembly of God Church has played a major role in our family's lives. I met my husband there. We married in their sanctuary, and spent our first 23 years as a married couple as members. Both our grandmothers were charter members of Trinity. Many of our extended family attended. I have learned lessons at Trinity I will never forget. 

3. I must give a shout-out to the church where I walked the aisles and gave my life to Christ, Amelia Baptist Church. I spent my formative years there as a teenager. I had many wonderful examples of Christians to observe and emulate. Their influence has made me part of who I am. Sad to say, Amelia exists no more; but I will see them all again in heaven. We will have such stories to swap!

4. Although I'm not a member at Jonesboro First Baptist Church, I'm closely connected to them. As their ministry assistant for the past 16 years, I've shared in both their joys and their struggles. They are the most giving church I know! I feel God has His hand on them. They have been so good to me!

5. First Assembly of God Church in Terre Haute, IN, is another church I'm thankful to have attended. We lived in Terre Haute for 3 years; and it was the largest church I've attended. In this church, I learned the value of small groups. This is the church that had a nine week revival in 1985. I'd never experienced such a thing but the healings I observed made my faith grow through the roof. This church is where an altar call was given for couples experiencing infertility. We responded along with two other couples; and within a few months, we were all expecting.





Today is day 9 of November and I have determined I will give Him praise for 5 blessings each day of the month. 5 blessings a day X 30 days = 150 praises.

You might think coming up with 150 blessings in the month of November is a tall order, but I guarantee you can come up with that many. 

Remember, whether big or small, praise Him for them all.

I'd be thrilled if you would like to share in the comments your 5 praises, or a link to your post giving God praise.

He is worthy!


~~~

Hey, I love it that you dropped by! It would be an honor if you would subscribe to receive my posts by email. Just enter your email in the box labeled, "Follow By Email," just above my profile in the right hand column.

Also, you can find me at Instagram under jerralea

Check out the top 5 recently viewed posts at the Journey:

~~~

I'm linking this post with the communities at Inspire Me Monday and Remember Me Monday

3 comments:

  1. Jerralea - You have made me think of the church homes that so formative in my relationship with God - St. Margaret Mary's where I learned to pray and love the Lord, St. Aloysius where I was dedicated as a baby and married 21 years later, Red House Baptist Church where I was baptized, Trinity Assembly of God where the logos of God's word became Rhema! Thank you for prompting me to remember these sweet places! Thanks for joining me on Remembering God Monday! Wishing you God's shalom in your week! ~ Maryleigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jerralea, how wonderful to stop and realize that every church home has served a deep purpose in my life for which I will always be grateful. Thank you for making me stop and think on this today! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful testimony for churches that have been important in your growth!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.