Friday, November 6, 2020

Praise Post #6 - 2020

Fall 2012


Having recently came out of COVID; today, I’m giving praise for the five senses. They are such a blessing.

1. Sense of taste: I love food and love to feed my people. Not being able to taste my creations would make me very sad, indeed. I’m truly thankful to be able to taste sweet and sour, salty, chocolatey, spicy, cheesy – well, the flavors go on and on. How wonderful God made so many different kinds of tastes and enables cooks to come up with new and exciting combinations all the time.

What if everything tasted like oatmeal?

2. Sense of sight: This I would miss most of all. I count it a privilege to see the beauty in nature, the look of love on my family’s faces, and the ability to READ. I can't imagine a life without reading.

3. Sense of smell: One of my symptoms of COVID was that I could smell a fragrant candle or a cut onion, and it made no difference to me. They both smelled like nothing!

My sense of smell is not totally back yet, but it’s getting better. I’m very happy it is, because fragrance makes life more enjoyable. Have you ever smelled fresh bread baking? I rest my case.

4. Sense of hearing: Although I do really value silence; I still would hate to not be able to hear. Hearing what people say is very important. I’d also miss not being able to hear music; but I would especially miss sounds of nature and laughter.

Laughter is always up-lifting.

5. Sense of touch: Touch means everything. Think of newborn-baby cheeks, holding hands with your sweetie, hugs, soft warm blankets and wet sloppy kisses.  You know you’d miss not being able to feel them!

What about you? Do you have some blessings you’d like to share? Praising is good for you. Join us by leaving a comment, or a link to a post you’ve written about your blessings.




Today is day 6 of November and I have determined I will give Him praise for 5 blessings each day of the month. 5 blessings a day X 30 days = 150 praises.

You might think coming up with 150 blessings in the month of November is a tall order, but I guarantee you can come up with that many. 

Remember, whether big or small, praise Him for them all.

I'd be thrilled if you would like to share in the comments your 5 praises, or a link to your post giving God praise.

He is worthy!


~~~

Hey, I love it that you dropped by! It would be an honor if you would subscribe to receive my posts by email. Just enter your email in the box labeled, "Follow By Email," just above my profile in the right hand column.

Also, you can find me at Instagram under jerralea

Check out the top 5 recently viewed posts at the Journey:


~~~

I'm sharing this post at Grace & Truth  

3 comments:

  1. I'm encouraged again by your praises. And so thankful you are on the other side of this illness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God has created us in an amazing way for sure. Encouraging post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you are getting better! That is a huge Praise the Lord!
    I'm thankful for my family; I'm thankful for this country; I'm thankful for the freedom to take morning walks and drink in the sunrise; I'm thankful for friends; I'm thankful for God's Word and it's encouragement for daily living.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.