But, I suddenly realized, "What if one of my readers doesn't know how to get a ticket for the journey Home?"
You know, before we leave for any kind of trip, be it a day trip or a weeks-long vacation, we stop and count the cost. Don't you do that? I do. I want to be sure I have enough money for food, fuel and hotel stays. And then of course, once I reach my destination, I want to visit all that place has to offer. I'm going to need cash and clothing for those activities.
What do you need for your journey to your eternal Home?
First, you need to make a choice. The truth is, everyone already is on a journey to their final destination. Each chooses if they want to spend eternity with God or eternity in Hell.
There is no third choice, no straddling the fence on this issue. You must choose and everyone, whether they believe there is a God or not, will choose. Just because you don't believe doesn't mean it's not true.
It's pretty simple. Choose God's path and reap joy, peace and safety.
Choose to go your own way and reap destruction. (How well has going your own way been working for you so far?)
One thing you don't need on the journey is money. The ticket home costs us nothing monetarily, but it cost God everything, the life of His Son.
So, here in a simple little listing of bible verses, all found in the book of Romans in the Bible, is the way to obtain a ticket and join me in the travels home. Some like to call it the Romans Road:
- Rom. 3:10, "As it is written, 'There is none righteous, not even one . . . "
- Rom. 3:23, "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
- Rom. 5:12, "Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned."
- Rom. 6:23, "For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."
- Rom. 5:8, "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."
- Rom. 10:9-10, "if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved; for with the heart man believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation."
- Rom. 10:13, "For whoever will call upon the name of the Lord will be saved.
Whoever means you!
Feed on the Word and you will grow strong enough to make the journey. Remember, He promised to never leave or forsake you, so you have a great traveling Companion!