Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Praise Post #10 - 2020

October 2014

October 2014 - Giant City

I admit my Boss/Pastor's sermon put this idea in my mind: I'm thankful for the Armor of God.

Although I know my Lord and Savior will never leave me or forsake me, and Goodness and Mercy are pursuing me (see Psalm 23); God has also made provision for us for spiritual warfare.

It's important to suit up every day. Remind yourself of the provision made for you according to Ephesians chapter 6 and give thanks for these:

1. Belt of truth - everything hinges on the truth of the Gospel. You shall know the truth and it will set you free from false teachings. (How do you know the truth? Study the Word!)

2. Body armor of God's righteousness - in the natural the breastplate, or body armor, protects the vital organs. For the believer, we are covered, protected, by the righteousness of Christ. I'm so thankful!

3. Shoes of peace from the Gospel so we can be fully prepared to go wherever He sends us.

4. Shield of Faith which is able to stop the fiery darts the enemy sends your way. Our faith is precious! Guard it! Build it up by listening to good preaching and the Word of God. Read it out loud to yourself if you have to!

5. Helmet of Salvation to protect your mind. Remind yourself you're saved. Remind yourself what is true.

BONUS Sword of the Spirit. How do you fight the devil? Do like Jesus did when He was tempted in the Wilderness. Quote scripture to the enemy.  (See Ephesians 6:14-17)

You can't quote it if you don't know it. Get into the Word and study. Times are uncertain. Do your part. Know what God says.

I'm thankful for the armor of God; but it won't help you much if you don't do what Ephesians 6:18 says:

"Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere." Ephesians 6:18 NLT

I love knowing my church family is praying for me. Do you have a church family? It's vital you find one. Pray and seek Him; He will help you find your people.




Today is day 10 of November and I have determined I will give Him praise for 5 blessings each day of the month. 5 blessings a day X 30 days = 150 praises.

You might think coming up with 150 blessings in the month of November is a tall order, but I guarantee you can come up with that many. 

Remember, whether big or small, praise Him for them all.

I'd be thrilled if you would like to share in the comments your 5 praises, or a link to your post giving God praise.

He is worthy!


~~~

Hey, I love it that you dropped by! It would be an honor if you would subscribe to receive my posts by email. Just enter your email in the box labeled, "Follow By Email," just above my profile in the right hand column.

Also, you can find me at Instagram under jerralea

Check out the top 5 recently viewed posts at the Journey:

~~~

I'm sharing this post at #TellHisStory

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous idea, Jerralea, and I definitely am thankful for the armor of God! I am also so thankful for His presence, and that He is a refuge for me in times of trouble. Good friends and family to encourage and support me and God's amazing creation to enjoy daily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also thankful for the armour of God. Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.