Monday, November 23, 2020

Praise Post #23 -2020

October 2011 - My beloved blueberry van!


I'm giving thanks today for a random mix of blessings.

1. God knows best:  In talking with a friend by phone today, she gave a testimony that God had protected her from making the wrong decision. A few months ago, she had an opportunity; but for some reason she just couldn't say yes. Now all this time later, she realized God was protecting her. He can see the future. We can't. Sometimes a no is the best yes we could get!

2. Life in small-town America: Yes, this year is concerning; but living in the midwest still seems to be a huge blessing. God has ordered my steps here. I pray I will be used by Him to be a blessing to those around me.

3. I'm thankful to have modern equipment to complete my tasks in the workspace. I'm thankful I don't have to make bulletins using duplicating machines. I'm thankful I don't have to try and correct typos on carbon paper anymore.

4. Thankful for a wealth of information at my finger tips: Due to the wonders of search engines, I can look up on the internet almost anything I want to know. Such riches!

5. Tools of my trade: In order to wear all the hats I wear in the workplace and in ministry, I'm thankful for my portable hard drive and my planner that go everywhere with me and help keep me on task.

These are just some of the blessings I'm surrounded with on a beautiful Monday in November. What are some of your blessings?



Today is day 23 of November and I have determined I will give Him praise for 5 blessings each day of the month. 5 blessings a day X 30 days = 150 praises. 115 praises to date!

You might think coming up with 150 blessings in the month of November is a tall order, but I guarantee you can come up with that many. 

Remember, whether big or small, praise Him for them all.

I'd be thrilled if you would like to share in the comments your 5 praises, or a link to your post giving God praise.
He is worthy!

~~~

Hey, I love it that you dropped by! It would be an honor if you would subscribe to receive my posts by email. Just enter your email in the box labeled, "Follow By Email," just above my profile in the right hand column.

Also, you can find me at Instagram under jerralea

Check out the top 5 recently viewed posts at the Journey:

Praise Post #8 - 2020

Praise Post #9 - 2020

Praise Post #11 - 2020

Praise Post #30

Praise Post #12 - 2020


~~~

I'm sharing this post at Inspire Me Monday

3 comments:

  1. So many everyday things to be thankful for. Hope you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. As I think of your list this month, the words from that old hymn came to mind - 'praising my Savior all the day long.'

    Thanksgiving blessings to you, especially as you continue to mend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your list! No need for that white correction fluid, no awkward ink tapes! Blessed, too, for small town living, for community that loves its neighbors! I'm so glad God doesn't just bless with the big stuff - but gives us little things that make life so incredibly sweeter!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.