Friday, December 7, 2012

Because He Came ... I Have Someone Who Understands

Because He Came ... I can be real.


When Jesus, who is fully God, came to earth and put skin on, He experienced life as a human.  We can never tell Him, "You don't understand," or "You don't know how I feel."  He's been  there.  He knows how life on this planet can be.

Hebrews 4:14-16 (KJV)

14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

I like the way the NLT puts v. 15.


"This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same testings we do, yet he did not sin."

I love it that He really "gets" me.  There's real freedom in knowing He knows all there is to know about me.  I can be real.

~~~


Click on each day's link to read a new reason to praise because He came:

Day 1 - I Have Life Everlasting

Day 2 - I Have Abundant Life

Day 3 - I Have Peace

Day 4 - I'm Not the Old Me

Day 5 - There is Healing

Day 6 - I Can Be Strong

Day 7 - I Have Someone Who Understands

Day 8 - I Have Someone Praying for Me

Day 9 - I Can Be Fruitful

Day 10 - I Have An Advocate

Day 11 - I Have a Shepherd

Day 12 - I Have a Burden-Bearer

Day 13 - The Broken Heart Can Heal

Day 14 - I Have What I Need

Day 15 - I Have a Friend

Day 16 - I Have a Big Brother

Day 17 - I Know the Truth

Day 18 - I Have Light

Day 19 - I Have My Everything

Day 20 - We Have Superfood!

Day 21 - I Have a Precious Stone

Day 22 - Time off - no post!

Day 23 - Time off - no post!

Day 24 - I Have Living Water

Day 25 - Prophecy Was Fulfilled

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.