Friday, December 7, 2012

FFF-12.07.12

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas .... except I have no photos to prove it!  Maybe next week ...

Without further ado, here are the weekly top 5 faves:

1.  Favorite Meal:  Last Sunday's fried chicken dinner purchased at Tom's Place, scarfed down at home followed by a 3 hour nap = my idea of a heavenly Sunday afternoon.

2.  Favorite Thing to Do: I have been having such fun working on my digital scrapbook! I'm loving that I have the software to create my vision, along with a scanner to scan in photos from long ago.  I'm loving me some modern technology!   It looks like next week will be the unveiling, plus an opportunity for YOU to win software from MyMemories Suite to create your own scrapbook.

3. Favorite Formula for Bible Study:  If you are on Pinterest, you may have seen this already, the SOAP method of bible study.  You can read all about it at Amy Fritz' post:  How S.O.A.P. Changed My Life.  She's not being dramatic - it really is a simple but life-changing way to study.  I started three days ago and I'm loving it.

4.  Favorite Way to Christmas Shop:  Online!  I'm going to be cyber shopping furiously in the next 2-3 days, but I'm thrilled with what I've done so far.  Gifts for two people that I always wonder what I'm going to give them were just purchased minutes ago in one fell swoop!  I am a major procrastinator, and once I seriously had to do the bulk of my Christmas shopping on Christmas Eve.  Never again!  I still have to remember to start early enough to get things shipped, but it is a whole lot easier to shop online than wandering stores, mumbling to myself, "What can I get?" At least surfing is more fun than dragging through stores.

5. Favorite Quote of the Week:



The only ethical reason to stop pursuing the accomplishment of the vision God has given you... Death.
… twitter

I don't find retirement anywhere in scripture.  You might have to adjust for physical limitations but I think your call lasts until your home-going.


And that's a wrap for another week here on the Journey.  If you'd like to share your favorites, link up at Susanne's blog, Living To Tell The Story.

5 comments:

  1. I am all about #4...that is my favorite way to shop period!

    #2 sounds great, too...I started something similar several years back but can't seem to get back to it...

    Thanks for the S.O.A.P. link...I will check that out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never heard of the S.O.A.P Bible study method before. I like that it is easy to remember and do. I will be sharing this on fb and in my class next week.

    Online shopping is a fave for me too. Most of my shopping is done. Too bad I couldn't get the presents wrapped online as well. ;) I guess that's what gift bags are for. Something funny - My mo used to always ask for the gift bags back after each gift exchange.

    Have a great week, Jerralea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love online shopping as well. Much easier to click around than to traipse through multiple stores. I like to make one visit to the mall just for fun.

    A nice Sunday meal plus a long nap does sound heavenly.

    I have not yet tried digital scrapbooking -- maybe I'll come back and check out your contest. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've vaguely heard of the S.O.A.P. method before. I'm going to look into it more.

    I haven't done a whole lot of online shopping, my husband does more so. But I think I'm going to start. I've actually enjoyed not even going to the mall at all this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so nice to have an easy AND delicious meal that you don't have to cook :-) Sounds like you have some old and new favorites this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.