Sunday, November 29, 2020

Praise Post #29 - 2020

October 2014

 "But it is good for me to draw near to God; I have put my trust in the Lord God, That I may declare all Your works." Psalm 73:28


During the month of November, I've been declaring God's works towards me. Each day, I've been listing at least 5 blessings I can see in my life. I've been sharing a picture of fall beauty that I've captured over the years. No one can compare with the Master Artist and His work can be seen all over nature. I share a nugget of His Word which is living and active and never returns void.

One of the names I describe myself is a bible enthusiast. Today, I'm going to share 5 precious promises out of the holy Bible that mean so much to me. In Praise Post #5 - 2020, I shared five scriptures, but here are more you need to see.

1. Psalm 37 is a psalm that I learned early on and held onto its wisdom with all my might. The whole Psalm is worth meditating on; but verse 4 is especially dear to me:

"Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4 NKJV

We each need to discover for ourselves what it means to delight in the Lord. No one can do it for you. It's worthwhile to seek Him until you know.

2. There's a scripture I stand on when I'm going through a trial. It comforts me because it tells me it won't always be this way:

Many are the afflictions of the righteous,
But the Lord delivers him out of them all. 
Psalm 34:19 NKJV

In His timing, He will send deliverance.

3. Here's one I love when the enemy tries to convince me I shouldn't bring my problems to God:

"Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need." Hebrews 4:16
 
4. How many times can I ask God for help?
 
“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Matthew 7:7-8

The heading in my bible for this verse says to keep on asking, seeking and knocking. Think about it: when we knock on a door, we don't just rap on it once!

5. Everyone wants to know the will of God for their lives, right? I love this verse which applies to everyone, no matter what season they are in:

"In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." 1 Thessalonians 5:18 NKJV

It's His will for us to give thanks. This is how I know I've been doing the will of God by thanking God and sharing 5 blessings with you everyday!

Join me? Leave a comment and share your thankfulness.



Today is day 29 of November and I have determined I will give Him praise for 5 blessings each day of the month. 5 blessings a day X 30 days = 150 praises. 145 praises to date!


You might think coming up with 150 blessings in the month of November is a tall order, but I guarantee you can come up with that many. 

Remember, whether big or small, praise Him for them all.

I'd be thrilled if you would like to share in the comments your 5 praises, or a link to your post giving God praise.
He is worthy!

~~~

Hey, I love it that you dropped by! It would be an honor if you would subscribe to receive my posts by email. Just enter your email in the box labeled, "Follow By Email," just above my profile in the right hand column.

Also, you can find me at Instagram under jerralea

Check out the top 5 recently viewed posts at the Journey:


~~~

I'm sharing with the communities at Inspire Me Monday

1 comment:

  1. The Word of God has such a treasure trove of blessings to be thankful for. I'm sure this has been a wonderful exercise for you. Happy Advent season to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.