Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Perception



Perception is the ability to see, hear, or become aware of something through the senses as defined by Oxford.

We've talked earlier how viewing nature leaves us with no excuse for not believing in a Creator.

Opposition to truth cannot be excused on the basis of ignorance, because from the creation of the world, the invisible qualities of God’s nature have been made visible, such as his eternal power and transcendence. He has made his wonderful attributes easily perceived, for seeing the visible makes us understand the invisible. So then, this leaves everyone without excuse. Romans 1:20 TPT

When our senses see the majesty of the mountains, oceans, and heavens, hear the soft baby sounds of an infant at play, smell fragrant flowers, or the earth after a summer shower, our perception of our Creator should be enlightened.

He is a good, good Father. If He didn't care about us, why would He make such a beautiful world for us to enjoy? He could have created us to live on a flat plain in tones of beige with nothing to view.

Instead, He created beauty!

The four corners of the earth were formed by your hands,
and every changing season owes its beauty to you. Psalm 74:17 TPT

So, the love and care the Creator took in making our world shows He is interested in our welfare.

He knows we need sleep. He made both night and the moon.

He knows we need to be active to be healthy. He gave us daytime and the sun to give us a good environment to be productive.

He knows we get thirsty. He sends the rain and gave us lakes, rivers and springs in order to procure water.

He knows we need food. In fact, all God's creatures need food. Look at the wealth of food sources on our planet! (He could have just made one thing to eat...)

All the creatures wait expectantly for you
to give them their food as you determine.
Psalm 104.27 TPT

He knows we need to have purpose.

We have become his poetry, a re-created people that will fulfill the destiny he has given each of us, for we are joined to Jesus, the Anointed One. Even before we were born, God planned in advance our destiny and the good works we would do to fulfill it! Ephesians 2:10 TPT

More importantly, He knew we needed a Savior because we are human and mess up.

But the Lord will be the Savior of all who love him. Even in their time of trouble God will live in them as strength. Because of their faith in him, their daily portion will be a Father’s help and deliverance from evil. This is true for all who turn to hide themselves in him! Psalm 37:39-40 TPT

I could go on and on ... but the truth is, because He has provided all these things for me, my perception of Him is that He is a good loving Father. Every day, He will help me and deliver me.

That's why I love Him.



Welcome to Day 23 of the #Write28Days challenge. During the month of February, I'll be examining what my world looks like after 2020. I feel we are ever closer to the Lord's return. What would it look like if I lived everyday with that thought in mind?


This could be my last February 23rd before He comes.

The truth is, it IS the last February 23rd for some, because He comes back every day for somebody.

It could be me. It could be you. It could be every believer.

My prayer is to leave an impact. What about you?

So then, prepare your hearts and minds for action! Stay alert and fix your hope firmly on the marvelous grace that is coming to you. For when Jesus Christ is unveiled, a greater measure of grace will be released to you. 1 Peter 1:13 TPT


#28daysin2021ofintentionality

I don't want you to miss a post. You can go here to see all the links in my series as they go live each day.

~~~

Hey, I love it that you dropped by! It would be an honor if you would subscribe to receive my posts by email. Just enter your email in the box labeled, "Follow By Email," just above my profile in the right hand column.

Also, you can find me at Instagram under jerralea

This post shared at the following comunities:

5 comments:

  1. I love your perception, friend! And I'm so grateful we have a Father who loves us so much that He allows us to perceive Him in every aspect of our lives--if we choose to look and find Him there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jerralea, I love, love this post! I hadn't considered how God could have orchestrated Creation. I've often said that God's creation speaks of His love for His children. I had never thought about living on a brown plain with only one thing to eat. He knows how He's created us. And, our Father knows what will draw us to Himself (because of how He's created us). You've got me thinking and marveling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire your perseverance in writing 28 days! And thank you for this loving reminder of God's goodness to us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this reminder of how much God loves us and what He has created for us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There was a time in the not too distant past that I did not feel I could call Him good. How wrong I was.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.