Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Persistent



I love a persistent person, don't you? 

I think God does, too.

Let me give you a couple of examples.

There was a widow who had been mistreated. And she decided she wasn't going to be a doormat and let someone walk all over her.

So, she sought legal help. Unfortunately, the Judge brushed her off. He really didn't care about the situation.

Most of us would have given up; but not this lady. She kept going back asking for justice. Time after time.

Finally, the Judge ruled in her favor - not because he was impressed with her legal representation, or because she was eloquent. He ruled in her favor to get rid of her!

You can read the whole story in Luke 18, but here is the scripture that caught my eye:

God will give swift justice to those who don’t give up. So be ever praying, ever expecting, just like the widow was with the judge. Yet when the Son of Man comes back, will he find this kind of persistent faithfulness in his people?” Luke 18:8 TPT

Sure sounds like God is hoping to find persistent faithfulness in believers!

Bartimaeus was another persistent person. He was a blind beggar that dreamed of seeing and throwing off the identity that defined him. He was sitting by the roadside one day when he realized Jesus was passing by.

"Jesus, son of David, have mercy on me now in my affliction. Heal me!"

People tried to shush him; but he would have none of it.

"... he kept shouting with all his might, “Son of David, have mercy on me now and heal me!”

"Jesus stopped and said, “Call him to come to me.” So they went to the blind man and said, “Have courage! Get up! Jesus is calling for you!” So he threw off his beggars’ cloak, jumped up, and made his way to Jesus.

Jesus said to him, “What do you want me to do for you?”

The man replied, “My Master, please, let me see again!”

Jesus responded, “Your faith heals you. Go in peace, with your sight restored.” All at once, the man’s eyes opened and he could see again, and he began at once to follow Jesus, walking down the road with him. Mark 10:46-52 TPT

Persistence ... the widow kept showing up ... Bartimaeus kept shouting, and they both received their heart's desire.

Persistence gets rewarded in the kingdom. Look what God says:

So it is with your prayers. Ask and you’ll receive. Seek and you’ll discover. Knock on heaven’s door, and it will one day open for you. Every persistent person will get what he asks for. Every persistent seeker will discover what he needs. And everyone who knocks persistently will one day find an open door. Luke 11:9-10 TPT

This is the word of the Lord. Be persistent!




Welcome to Day 24 of the #Write28Days challenge. During the month of February, I'll be examining what my world looks like after 2020. I feel we are ever closer to the Lord's return. What would it look like if I lived everyday with that thought in mind?


This could be my last February 24th before He comes.

The truth is, it IS the last February 24th for some, because He comes back every day for somebody.

It could be me. It could be you. It could be every believer.

My prayer is to leave an impact. What about you?

So then, prepare your hearts and minds for action! Stay alert and fix your hope firmly on the marvelous grace that is coming to you. For when Jesus Christ is unveiled, a greater measure of grace will be released to you. 1 Peter 1:13 TPT


#28daysin2021ofintentionality

I don't want you to miss a post. You can go here to see all the links in my series as they go live each day.

~~~

Hey, I love it that you dropped by! It would be an honor if you would subscribe to receive my posts by email. Just enter your email in the box labeled, "Follow By Email," just above my profile in the right hand column.

Also, you can find me at Instagram under jerralea


I'm linking up at Let's Have Coffee and Recharge Wednesday

6 comments:

  1. My word for 2021 is PERSEVERE, so I am standing beside you in appreciating the stories Jesus told about persistence in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pretty persistent - I have enjoyed your 28 day posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jerralea, thank you for the reminder that God rewards persistence. I need that reminder now and then!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jerralea, I love your thoughts on persistent, I just read the story of the widow in Luke 18 the other day and was thinking how I lacked persistence, especially in prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Persistent is a word I use frequently with the aspiring writers I work with. I often tell them, “Good writers don’t get published. Persistent writers get published.” The truth is it takes both - skill and persistence - to result in a traditionally published book. Many new writers don’t understand that. I’m off on a new writing adventure and keep reminding myself to be persistent. Thank you for leading me back to the scripture for encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm generally put off by the persistence of some people. I suppose it all depends on what you are being persistent about. I prefer faithful or steadfast. I do understand the point you are making, though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.