Monday, November 2, 2020

Praise Post #2 - 2020

Fall 2019 - Our princess Rory


Yesterday, I started out our month of Praise Posts by gave God praise for the biggies in my life - family and home. Yet I've so many more major blessings to mention.

1. Really this first one should be at the top of my list: the gift of salvation. I'm so blessed to have come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. It's the most precious thing I have! (If you want to know more, click on the "Ticket Home" tab at the top of my blog.)

2. Next, I'm so thankful for the Word of God. What a comfort it has been to me! I do own several copies of the Word, along with having internet access to a multitude of translations of the Word. No excuses for not reading.

"Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!" 2 Corinthians 9:15

3. I'm also giving praise for my church family. No, we are not perfect. Yes, there might be one or two I don't always agree with. I bet you can say that about your extended family, too. :)

Yet, they are my family; and if 2020 has taught me anything, I need to be with them. Knowing they are praying for me is such a comfort!

4. I'm also thankful for my Pastor. I've spent months being on Pastor Search Committees before; and I know finding a Pastor is not as easy as you might think. When you find one like my Pastor - that preaches the Word, listens to the Holy Spirit, is willing to pray for you and shows he cares about you - then you have a wonderful gift.

5. Along the same lines, I'm thankful for my boss, who is also a Pastor. He's very understanding and tries to help whenever possible.




Today is day 2 of November and I have determined I will give Him praise for 5 blessings each day of the month. 5 blessings a day X 30 days = 150 praises.

You might think coming up with 150 blessings in the month of November is a tall order, but I guarantee you can come up with that many. 

Remember, whether big or small, praise for them all!

I'd be thrilled if you would like to share in the comments your 5 praises, or a link to your post giving God praise.

He is worthy!


~~~

Hey, I love it that you dropped by! It would be an honor if you would subscribe to receive my posts by email. Just enter your email in the box labeled, "Follow By Email," just above my profile in the right hand column.

Also, you can find me at Instagram under jerralea

Check out the top 5 recently viewed posts at the Journey:

~~~

I'm sharing this post with the community at


2 comments:

  1. Good morning, Jerralea!

    I hope each day finds your feeling stronger. Thank you for sharing blessings right and left. That is our pleasure, as God's children, to show Him gratitude for all He is and what He has done.

    Especially, more than ever, in this season ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea! I will claim several of the blessings you named above (salvation, God’s Word, etc.) as my Day 1 blessings. Today I will add I’m blessed that my daughters love their Savior and are role models for me as I watch them share the love of Jesus with their 20-something friends. I’m blessed that my husband is winning his year-long battle with leukemia. I’m blessed with friends who are older and a step ahead of me in life whose wisdom is such a guide for me. I’m thankful for retirement and the quiet time I can truly appreciate spending with God. I’m thankful for the ways God has blessed my writing journey.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.