Friday, August 14, 2020

Thanks be to God!

It's time to stop and take stock. My week was a fast blur filled with blessing.

I'm going to share 5 of them.

First and foremost: I'm always so thankful for the family God has given me

Here's some recent gems of wisdom from the grands:

Brody at the dinner table eating porkchops (cooked my city chicken method):

“Wow, this tastes awesome”

(My heart swelled with Suzy Home-maker pride)

“So glad you liked it!” I exclaimed.

He went on:

“Well, the meat tastes like nothing; but when you dip it into some Country Bob’s sauce, it is yummy.”

Bubble burst.

~~~

(Baylee talking to her aunt whom she calls TT)

Baylee: TT this milk tastes bad.
TT: What’s it taste like?
Baylee: Hair.
TT: How do you know what hair tastes like, have you been eating hair?
Baylee calmly: Yes
Brody: What does hair taste like?
Baylee: A burp.

~~~

Me (getting into the car and saying to 3 yr. old Rory sitting in her car seat in the back): “Rory, Baylee and Brody said to tell you they love you and will miss you.”

Rory in a voice filled with wonder: “Why?”

~~~

I became a blogger so I could record all the family stories and not forget. I wouldn't want you to miss out! You're welcome.



Secondly, I'm blessed with the ability to listen to some amazing podcasts while driving to and from work. I've been challenged and stretched in so many ways! Today, I was listening to She Reads Truth with special guest Jennie Allen. They were discussing Ephesians 1 and 2. I started my day off rejoicing!

Blessed is the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavens in Christ. Ephesians 1:3

As Hannah and Raechel say, "This is the word of the Lord. Thanks be to God!"

We already have every spiritual blessing in Christ. Dwell on that fact for a minute.

I'm blessed to work at a job I love. I don't take that lightly! I once worked at a job where I dreaded going every single day. That is no way to live.

I love having friends who are interested in having spiritual conversations. What a joy to share insights!

I also love it when I can download a book to my Kindle app. Although I love physical books where I can make notes and highlight, digital books are cheaper and I don't have to find room on my bookshelves. The kicker is, I can get it right away and start reading if I so choose.

The rain has started falling where I live. Seems like a good time to curl up with the Kindle and read.

How about you? What blessings can you recall from your week? I'd love to hear all about it.

Leave a comment and share, or you could link up your post with the community at Friday's Fave Five.

~~~

Hey, I love it that you dropped by! It would be an honor if you would subscribe to receive my posts by email. Just enter your email in the box labeled, "Follow By Email," just above my profile in the right hand column.

Also, you can find me at Instagram under jerralea


Check out this week's top 5 posts at the Journey:

July Wrap-up

What is stopping my progress?

Praise Post #10

Thankful List

Praise Post #12


~~

I'm also sharing this post at

Grace & Truth

Inspire Me Monday

InstaEncouragements Link-up

Recharge Wednesday

#TuneInThursday

Let's Have Coffee

8 comments:

  1. So cute with the things your grandchildren said :) My brother was going to write a book with the cute sayings his grandchildren said when they were young but never got around to it; maybe you should :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids! Their comments are so hilarious and sometimes very insightful. Wonderful to memorialize them. Lots of good things to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the anecdotes from the grandkids!!

    Love Jennie Allens writing. Glad you had a chance to hear a podcast by her. I'm currently listening to one by Michelle Obama.....love her.

    Sharing spiritual insights with close trusted friends is one of my faves, too. And guess what??! I've had a chance to do a bit of witnessing to my boss and we are becoming good friends because of it. She believes in God but I'm not sure she's a Christ follower. If you think of it, please pray for her. Her name is Rachelle.

    Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the comments from the Grandkids, so funny. Yes having a job you love and look forward to is definitely a blessing. I also love the immediacy of downloading books on Kindle. I've been doing a lot of that recently. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'Thanks be to God.'

    What a beautiful way to end ... and begin the week, Jerrlea.

    I take this necessary prayer with me this morning.

    Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello - I love the cute comments from your grandkids! So fun. I also love podcasts and am going to check out the one you recommended. So nice to have believing friends you can discuss spiritual things with. I hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laughing out loud at the grandkid comments. :) I need to start writing down some of the funnies that my granddaughter has begun to say. I know I'll forget them otherwise! lol. Thanks for sharing and linking up at Grace & Truth.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.