Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Day Two - Kai's Story Begins

Hebrews 2:6 CEV


As Kai ushered Morgan's spirit where he'd been instructed to take her, he remembered how he'd gotten involved with her in the first place.

It had certainly not been of his own choosing!
Kai had been in the middle of one of the most intense times of worship he'd ever experienced. Oh, the purity and radiance emanating from the throne of God!

The overwhelming love filling the heavens was about to undo him.

"Holy, holy, holy," cried the seraphim and Kai trembled at the thought he could be allowed in the presence of the Almighty.

Oh, the pure One, the just One, who was also filled with boundless love, loving all creation - even puzzling mankind, the ones who treated Him and His Son so shamefully.

Kai remembered the times he had been around humans. It was never a pleasant experience. Such a smelly and profane lot! Always consumed with thoughts of self ...


In that moment, Kai glanced over and saw Simon looking at him. Simon raised an eyebrow and nodded towards the exit.

"I know what that means," Kai thought sadly to himself, "another assignment. The Holy One probably wants me to work with another one of those pathetic ones who have strayed from the path."



Welcome to Day Two of my serial, ANGEL ON ASSIGNMENT: THE BOOK OF MORGAN. I'm very excited about my first attempt at Christian fiction. The characters have become very real to me. However, I do want to point out; this serial is not intended to be doctrine. It does align with my personal beliefs; but, I am not saying this is scriptural. Scripture does tell us angels come to warn, bring messages and sometimes watch over us. It also tells us we could possibly unknowingly entertain an angel. I'm just imagining how that might look in our day and time!

Join me tomorrow for more of the story. Let me know what YOU think. Could an angel interject himself into a life to wake a person up?

For the next 29 days, I hope to pique interest in Kai and Morgan's story. I've many twists and turns to the plot; and my hope is you will say, "I did not see that coming!"

Each day, you can go here to see the link for the next installment of the serial.

Tomorrow's offering:  The Mission



This post was written as part of the Write 31 Days challenge. A whole group of writers will be writing for 31 days straight on a variety of topics. Click here to check it out.


~~~

I'm honored you stopped by the Journey today!

I don't want you to miss a post, so why not sign up to subscribe? It's easy-peasy. Just enter your email address in the sidebar right above my profile.

If a post resonates with you, please consider sharing by clicking one of the social media buttons at the bottom of this post.

I'm also sharing at the communities at Trekking Through The Week and Sitting Among Friends.



3 comments:

  1. Jerralea, I've always been impressed with those who take on this 30 (or 31)-day writing journey. And it's looks like yours is going to be a good one. You'll keep readers intrigued to the very end, I'm sure.
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the humor in this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like Kai had just been assigned to me. Ha.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.