Monday, October 8, 2018

Day 8 - First Day of Work

Just now joining us? You can start at the beginning by reading Day 1 here.






“The Holy Spirit is a Gentleman!” quote attributed to David du Plessis

The next morning, Kai arrived at the job bright and early.

“Wouldn’t do for a servant of the Lord to be late on the job!” Kai thought to himself.

After being shown the mysteries of short, tall, grande, venti, and treinta drinks – not to mention the tricky espresso machine, Kai was let loose on the unsuspecting customers.

“Hello, my name is Kai and it is my pleasure to serve you today. What would you like? Would you like to make that a grande?”

After speaking to the last customer for the morning rush, Kai glanced at the clock and realized Morgan must have boarded the bus long ago and headed to the office.

“No worries, I’ll catch her tonight.” Kai thought. “I’ve got to contact her as often as possible if I want to get back to heaven by the end of the week.

As Kai was wiping down the countertop, he realized the Holy Spirit was whispering to him.

“You’re right, Lord,” Kai thought. “It’s not a test of how fast I can get through to someone. I know You don’t push yourself on to people and neither should I. Help me to wait on your timing. Please give me just the right word to speak when the time is right.”

Just then Kai glanced up through the window and saw a toddler running from his mother. He was about to go into the street that was teeming with traffic.

In a blink of an eye, Kai was there shepherding the child back onto the sidewalk - invisibly, of course – just as his mama yelled, “Brody STOP.”

She ran up and snatched the child to her, hugging the little tyke so tightly he could barely breathe.

“Mama was so scared! You’re a good boy for stopping when I told you to!”

Kai mouthed silently, “You’re welcome,” as he went back into the coffeeshop.

All in a day’s work for a messenger of the Lord!




Thanks for joining us today! You will learn more about Kai and his plan to get Morgan's attention in my serial, Angel on Assignment:  The Book of Morgan.

This serial is not intended to be doctrine. Scripture does tell us angels come to warn, bring messages and sometimes watch over us. It also tells us we could possibly unknowingly entertain an angel. My serial is just me imagining how that might look in our present day and time.

Join me tomorrow for more of the story. Each day, you can go here to see all the links for each installment of the series as they go live.

Tomorrow's offering:  What's An Angel To Do?

What do YOU think? Do you think an angel could save a child from running into traffic?


This post was written as part of the Write 31 Days challenge. A whole group of writers will be writing for 31 days straight on a variety of topics. Click here to check it out.

~~~

I'm honored you stopped by the Journey today!

I don't want you to miss a post, so why not sign up to subscribe? It's easy-peasy. Just enter your email address in the sidebar right above my profile.

If a post resonates with you, please consider sharing by clicking on the social media buttons at the bottom of this post.

Today, I'm linking this post with Anita's Inspire Me Monday.


3 comments:

  1. Here you go, right into week #2, Jerralea!

    I hope you're hanging in there, loving the writing, and getting great satisfaction each time you hit that PUBLISH button ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure I've met some angels unaware!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving this still!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.