Thursday, January 2, 2014

2013 Recap

Another year of blogging is now finished.  I like to look back and see what posts got the most response.  Out of my ten posts that received the most page-views ever during my blogging career, seven of them were written in 2013. Six of those seven were posts from the Friday's Fave Five blog party that I link up to each Friday and share the five highlights of the past week.

I think I will continue to participate in Friday's Fave Five!

Page-views aside, I love to look back and choose my favorite post written from each month.  

In December, I wrote a post entitled "Faith Journey," that chronicled my obsession to find a niche as a blogger.

November found me writing about flying in "The Wings of Man."

In October, I hit my stride by posting everyday.  I kicked off my 31 day blogging challenge with my series, "31 Basics for Believers," by posting "Admit It!" while keeping up with my regular blogging schedule as well.

In September I was all about "Living the Dream," listing the various careers that did not work out for me.

August saw me scribbling about feasting in two posts,  "Feasting, Taste, Tasty and Tasteful,"  and "Feasting on Grace."

I tried a different approach in July and wrote about a spiritual principle in a fictionalized post in "The Man and the Boy."

For fun, I also recalled an incident from my sister's growing-up years in "Cracked Me Up!" 

June's favorite post was my recounting of our courtship and marriage in a Writer's Workshop post,  "Made For Each Other."  

Another Writer's Workshop post that is a favorite is one I wrote in May, "6 Things About Me." Hey, I'd forgotten how unique I am!

Sometimes what looks like a terrible thing ends up being a good thing - a gift, if you will - that ends up making life better.  I wrote about a terrible event that ended up being a blessing in April's post, "A Disaster that Became a Gift." 

In March, I recalled my wild imagination with the post, "My Life Makes Me Laugh."  I still wheeze with laughter to this day remembering the zany things I did - and still do.

I was feeling nostalgic in February and wrote about my "Wonder-Granny."  How I wish she were still alive!

I started out 2013 writing about my word for the year in "2013:  Fearless."  I had planned a series of posts to write on the subject, but realized by the time summer showed up, I had said all I had to say on the subject.  Basically, my belief is this:  if you have trusted in Christ as your Savior, you can be fearless because He has your best interest in mind.  He allows nothing to happen that does not result in His intended purpose.

And so ends another blogging year on the Journey.  I wish to thank all my readers who have faithfully visited my blog in 2013.  You mean the world to me!


Mama’s Losin’ It

This post was written in response to Writer's Workshop prompt 3.) Share your top 12 blog posts from 2013.  If you'd like to join in and share YOUR top posts, link up at Kathy's blog, "Mama's Losin' It."

2 comments:

  1. Even though I don't comment on every post I do ENJOY them! Hope you keep blogging away for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fearless is a great word. I think my word for this year is Trust. Hopefully that will result in less worrying. Hopefully. Happy New Year Jerralea.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.