Wednesday, January 1, 2014

One Word: Abiding



Happy 2014 to one and all.


I love a new beginning.  Always have.  The start of a new school year, a move, new job or opportunity - all these things fill me with anticipation, new hopes and dreams.

As I look to 2014 and the things I want to happen, I am taking a moment to think of the one word that I want to describe everything I do and say in the coming months.

John 15:7  New King James Version (NKJV)

If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.

I want to spend 2014 abiding in Him. I want to be so totally submerged in Him that my desires will be in line with what He wants and my prayers will accomplish something.

It's such an awesome promise!  It's better than that old fairy tale of finding a genie's lamp and receiving three wishes.  This word invites us to live with the King of the Universe and He will do for us what we desire.

Do you really believe He means what He says?  I do!

I don't make resolutions anymore because I know me.  I break them.  However, I do set goals and my one goal for 2014 is this one word:  ABIDING.

Throughout the year I will be blogging about what abiding means to this empty-nester blogger who is going to become the grandmother of  twins. What does abiding mean in the midst of working two jobs, being involved in ministry and having a dream to write?  

Come back and join me in this Journey, won't you? 



What one word describes you in 2014?  Please leave a comment and share. 

2 comments:

  1. A wonderful goal for the New Year! Abiding! Just the sound of it brings peace to my spirit.

    Oh yes, I will be along for the journey should the Lord tarry. :)

    God bless you Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a glourious and wonderful post for our new year. Abiding! you did a fantastic job, thanks for sharing. You have encouraged me to seek a bit of peace for the New Year, I too will be abiding in Him.

    Twins are going to be so much fun. Empty nester.... not for long they run back home when they have young'ns lol.

    One word describes me in 2014??? magnanimous or maybe benevolent... sorry that is two words. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.