Friday, February 5, 2021

Sunrise



At each and every sunrise you will hear my voice as I prepare my sacrifice of prayer to you. Every morning I lay out the pieces of my life on the altar and wait for your fire to fall upon my heart. Psalm 5:3 TPT 

Chesterton wrote, "God says every morning, “Do it again” to the sun."

As a lover of fresh starts and new beginnings, sunrise is my favorite time of day. A new day - who knows what adventures it may bring?

I feel the same way about the sunrise of a new year. Who knows what 2021 has in store?

I laugh to myself because already 1/12 of the year has come and gone; and yet the year feels new to me.

What are my hopes for 2021?

Just like the above verse, I want God to bring His fire upon my heart. Living in the hum-drum sameness of the world is not what I'm all about. I sense there is much more for me.

I'm wanting to see miracles and provision for all my friends and family this year. 

I want more brothers and sisters in Christ this year.

I want to encourage more, praise more, study more.

I want more of Him. What about you? What do you hope the next sunrise brings you.

“You will have what your faith expects!” Matthew 9:29b TPT

Welcome to Day 5 of the #Write28Days challenge. During the month of February, I'll be examining what my world looks like after 2020. I feel we are ever closer to the Lord's return. What would it look like if I lived everyday with that thought in mind?


This could be my last February 5th before He comes.

The truth is, it IS the last February 5th for some, because He comes back every day for somebody.

It could be me. It could be you. It could be every believer.

My prayer is to leave an impact. What about you?

So then, prepare your hearts and minds for action! Stay alert and fix your hope firmly on the marvelous grace that is coming to you. For when Jesus Christ is unveiled, a greater measure of grace will be released to you. 1 Peter 1:13 TPT


#28daysin2021ofintentionality

I don't want you to miss a post. You can go here to see all the links in my series as they go live each day.

~~~

Hey, I love it that you dropped by! It would be an honor if you would subscribe to receive my posts by email. Just enter your email in the box labeled, "Follow By Email," just above my profile in the right hand column.

Also, you can find me at Instagram under jerralea

~~~

Today's prompt, "sunrise," was provided by the community at Five Minute Friday. A prompt is provided for you to free write your thoughts.

I'm also sharing this at Grace&Truth.


P.S.-I want to give credit for the Chesterton quote to Michele Morin. I first saw it on her blog, Living Our Days. I've been mulling over it ever since. Thanks, Michele, for a new reason to appreciate sunrise!

 

5 comments:

  1. "He comes back every day for some." What a great perspective to have. While we wait with hope for the final return, any day could be the day we meet our Maker. May we live according to this wisdom.

    Amie, FMF #23

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every morning He does it again. O! What a Savior!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen. Yes I most definitely want more of him. Father son and spirit. Visiting from fmf #16

    ReplyDelete
  4. New every morning! What a great promise of renewal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love “new.” My husband and I are trying out new routines now that we are retired - and as much as the pandemic permits. I love my unrushed morning time with Jesus.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.