Thursday, February 25, 2021

Patience


Whenever I hear the word "patience," I think of James 1:4. Most of us are used to thinking of this scripture in James in the KJV version:

But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

As you know, I've been examining The Passion Translation for this series, so here is their rendering of the scripture:

And then as your endurance grows even stronger it will release perfection into every part of your being until there is nothing missing and nothing lacking.

It's really not surprising the translators for TPT put endurance in place of the word patience. If you read the whole thing in context (as you always should!) you'll see James is talking about trials testing one's faith which produces power to have endurance which ends up making you respond with perfection. 

It's a process that starts with remembrance of past deliverances that enables you to think, "Is that the best you can come up with? I'm a child of God called for God's purposes and He is going to make it all work together for good. I'm not afraid of you!"

It's human to feel fear when struggles come, but a perfected child of God has learned to shake those fears off because he knows who his God is!

You can be patient when you know the outcome can be nothing but good.

I know 2020 was rough for everyone. Those who are believers need to be reminded the struggles of the past year will give way to something good in their lives and / or the lives of those they love. Romans 8:28 is absolute truth you can base your life upon.

So we are convinced that every detail of our lives is continually woven together to fit into God’s perfect plan of bringing good into our lives, for we are his lovers who have been called to fulfill his designed purpose. Romans 8:28 TPT

And if you're not a believer? I pray 2021 finds you becoming one. You could start by reading my post, A Ticket Home, to get a little direction. My prayer is that everyone who ever lands on this blog will encounter the drawing of the Holy Spirit so that all may come to believe.

~~

Thanks to my patient readers. Today's post is late because of my caretaking duties edging out yesterday's writing time. I'm happy to report my hubs is on the mend! In the last 17 days, he has spent 10 of them in two different hospital stays. You can imagine that causes chaos for the to-do list; but it's been worth it. He now feels better than he has for a very, very long time.



Welcome to Day 25 of the #Write28Days challenge. During the month of February, I'll be examining what my world looks like after 2020. I feel we are ever closer to the Lord's return. What would it look like if I lived everyday with that thought in mind?


This could be my last February 25th before He comes.

The truth is, it IS the last February 25th for some, because He comes back every day for somebody.

It could be me. It could be you. It could be every believer.

My prayer is to leave an impact. What about you?

So then, prepare your hearts and minds for action! Stay alert and fix your hope firmly on the marvelous grace that is coming to you. For when Jesus Christ is unveiled, a greater measure of grace will be released to you. 1 Peter 1:13 TPT


#28daysin2021ofintentionality

I don't want you to miss a post. You can go here to see all the links in my series as they go live each day.

~~~

Hey, I love it that you dropped by! It would be an honor if you would subscribe to receive my posts by email. Just enter your email in the box labeled, "Follow By Email," just above my profile in the right hand column.

Also, you can find me at Instagram under jerralea

I'm linking this post at #TuneInThursday and Grace & Truth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.