Friday, February 26, 2021

Enable

Who do you think you are?

Until we get that elemental question solved, we will go no further on the path to our destiny.

As believers, anytime we try to accomplish something for God, the enemy uses that question: Just who do you think you are?

We are made to feel unworthy to attempt anything for God. Foolish to believe we could make a difference.




But my bible says this:

But those who embraced him and took hold of his name
were given authority to become the children of God!
John 1:12 TPT

Enable means to "give (someone or something) the authority or means to do something." (Oxford Languages)

God gives me authority, or enables me, to be His child because I believed in Him and joined His side.

So now, I'm a royal daughter. A beloved child. A masterpiece in the making.

It's not that I'm all that. It's because He is everything.

In 2021, now more than ever we need to nail down our identity. We can't live in the spiritual Promised Land if we don't know the promises; and if we don't know the promises are for us.

In the coming months, I want to encourage everyone who drops by the Journey by examining the promises.

The Word of the Lord is absolutely true. We just have to take hold of it.






Welcome to Day 26 of the #Write28Days challenge. During the month of February, I'll be examining what my world looks like after 2020. I feel we are ever closer to the Lord's return. What would it look like if I lived everyday with that thought in mind?


This could be my last February 26th before He comes.

The truth is, it IS the last February 26th for some, because He comes back every day for somebody.

It could be me. It could be you. It could be every believer.

My prayer is to leave an impact. What about you?

So then, prepare your hearts and minds for action! Stay alert and fix your hope firmly on the marvelous grace that is coming to you. For when Jesus Christ is unveiled, a greater measure of grace will be released to you. 1 Peter 1:13 TPT


#28daysin2021ofintentionality

I don't want you to miss a post. You can go here to see all the links in my series as they go live each day.

~~~

Hey, I love it that you dropped by! It would be an honor if you would subscribe to receive my posts by email. Just enter your email in the box labeled, "Follow By Email," just above my profile in the right hand column.

Also, you can find me at Instagram under jerralea


I'm sharing this post at Five Minute Friday and Grace&Truth.


2 comments:

  1. He certainly is everything! Knowing who we are in Him is so vital in this time we live in where so many lies are thrust at us from every direction asking "Who do you think you are?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jerralea,
    I was next to you at 5-Minute Friday. Excellent post and devotional on how we need to remember that God has enabled us to do what He has called us to do. Yes, I hear that voice sometimes, "Who do you think you are?" Thank you for reminding us who and whose we are.
    Blessings,
    Janis

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.