Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Learn



As much as I spend time in reflection, 2020 taught me I have much to learn about myself.

Perhaps you can relate?

For example, I always thought the only thing holding me back was lack of time. If I just had more, I would have my book edited and ready to share with people. If I had didn't have to work so many hours between my two jobs, I'd have this house shining like a new penny with everthing organized. Why, if I didn't have such a long to-do list, I could read all my books in my TBR (to be read) pile.

These were lies I told myself.

I saw the real truth shining with the intensity of a thousand suns: I received extra time and did none of the things I dreamed I would do.

I learned I was a time-waster; and though I like to call myself a recovering perfectionist, I really still have a long way to go.

But in 2021, I learned something about myself I liked even less.

I'm still self-centered. And I still need grace. Tons of it.

John taught the truth about him
    when he announced to the people,
    “He’s the One! Set your hearts on him!
    I told you he would come after me,
    even though he ranks far above me,
    for he existed before I was even born.”
And now out of his fullness we are fulfilled!
    And from him we receive grace heaped upon more grace!
Moses gave us the Law, but Jesus, the Anointed One,
    unveils truth wrapped in tender mercy.
John 1:15-17 TPT


As long as I've been following Jesus, and as long as I studied His Word, I still need grace because my carnal nature wants so badly to rise up in me. And in tender mercy, He heaps on me even more grace.

I have no words to express my thankfulness.




Welcome to Day 3 of the #Write28Days challenge. During the month of February, I'll be examining what my world looks like after 2020. I feel we are ever closer to the Lord's return. What would it look like if I lived everyday with that thought in mind?

This could be my last February 3rd before He comes.

The truth is, it IS the last February 3rd for some, because He comes back every day for somebody.

It could be me. It could be you. It could be every believer.

My prayer is to leave an impact. What about you?

So then, prepare your hearts and minds for action! Stay alert and fix your hope firmly on the marvelous grace that is coming to you. For when Jesus Christ is unveiled, a greater measure of grace will be released to you. 1 Peter 1:13 TPT

#28daysin2021ofintentionality

I don't want you to miss a post. You can go here to see all the links in my series as they go live each day. 


~~~

Hey, I love it that you dropped by! It would be an honor if you would subscribe to receive my posts by email. Just enter your email in the box labeled, "Follow By Email," just above my profile in the right hand column.

Also, you can find me at Instagram under jerralea

~~~

Today, I'm sharing at Let's Have Coffee and

6 comments:

  1. You, dear one, are not the only one grateful for the abundance of grace God gives! :) thank you for this reminder today! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes my selfishness gets in the way of lots of worthwhile things. Amen to the prayer from Peter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such good reminders, Jerralea. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this convicting post, Jerralea. What a good reminder for gratitude.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jerralea, thank you for your authenticity, "These were lies I told myself. I received extra time and did none of the things I dreamed I would do. I learned I was a time-waster."

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post brought to mind: "This is the day the Lord has made. I will be glad and rejoice in it." May I do all He has called me to do in this day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.