Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Enthusiasm

2021 might be our last opportunity to make an impact for the kingdom. I began exploring this idea yesterday when talking about experiencing disappointment in 2020.

Now is the time for us to progress beyond the basic message of Christ and advance into perfection. The foundation has already been laid for us to build upon: turning away from our dead works to embrace faith in God. Hebrews 6:1 TPT



 

If my aim, or goal for 2021, is to be impactful when sharing faith in God, I don't think I would get much accomplished if I felt only so-so about it. In fact, I'm wondering if any goal can be achieved without enthusiasm?

A God-inspired idea lies at the root of enthusiasm. An enthusiastic person can be described as having zest, fervor, passion and fire. 

Only those who are passionate influence others for their cause. I can't think of anyone who changed their life because someone casually mentioned their beliefs.

Does enthusiasm empower? I wondered if scripture would back this idea up. I've always felt my enthusiasm for the things I believe gave me the strength to persevere.
so I found Hebrews 6:12:  

So don’t allow your hearts to grow dull or lose your enthusiasm, but follow the example of those who fully received what God has promised because of their strong faith and patient endurance. (Hebrews 6:12 TPT)

Then I read the whole chapter and found this passage:

18 So it is impossible for God to lie for we know that his promise and his vow will never change! And now we have run into his heart to hide ourselves in his faithfulness. This is where we find his strength and comfort, for he empowers us to seize what has already been established ahead of time—an unshakeable hope! 19 We have this certain hope like a strong, unbreakable anchor holding our souls to God himself. Our anchor of hope is fastened to the mercy seat which sits in the heavenly realm beyond the sacred threshold, 20 and where Jesus, our forerunner, has gone in before us. He is now and forever our royal Priest like Melchizedek. (Hebrews 6:18-20 TPT)

This whole chapter is awesome. I highly recommend you read the whole thing in The Passage Translation.

We see that we have "run into his heart to hide ourselves in his faithfulness."

This is no namby-pamby shuffling along: running takes serious effort with a destination in mind. And what do you find when you arrive? An unshakeable hope anchoring you to Christ.

If that doesn't inspire enthusiasm, I don't know what does!







Welcome to Day 2 of the #Write28Days challenge. During the month of February, I'll be examining what my world looks like after 2020. I feel we are ever closer to the Lord's return. What would it look like if I lived everyday with that thought in mind?

This could be my last February 2nd before He comes.

The truth is, it IS the last February 2nd for some, because He comes back every day for somebody.

It could be me. It could be you. It could be every believer.

My prayer is to leave an impact. What about you?

So then, prepare your hearts and minds for action! Stay alert and fix your hope firmly on the marvelous grace that is coming to you. For when Jesus Christ is unveiled, a greater measure of grace will be released to you. 1 Peter 1:13 TPT


#28daysin2021ofintentionality

I don't want you to miss a post. You can go here to see all the links in my series as they go live each day. 


~~~

Hey, I love it that you dropped by! It would be an honor if you would subscribe to receive my posts by email. Just enter your email in the box labeled, "Follow By Email," just above my profile in the right hand column.

Also, you can find me at Instagram under jerralea

~~~

3 comments:

  1. I had never thought of having enthusiasm for God in this way. But yes, who can convince another person of something without a little enthusiasm. I imagine Jesus was oozing enthusiasm when he was on earth and that was one of the things that drew people to him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post. So very well spoken. Blessings.
    Visiting from #write28days

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciated this insight, Jerralea, "We see that we have 'run into his heart to hide ourselves in his faithfulness.'"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.