Monday, February 1, 2021

Disappointed?



Are you disappointed with what happened in 2020? Did you have dreams dashed, bubbles burst, and your goals grounded?

Yeah, me too.

In fact, I should’ve written all my plans in pencil.

I’m sure there’s going to be reams of material written in the future about the lack of motivation and the siphoning away of our energy levels experienced by everyone in 2020.

But here’s the thing; 2021 does not have to be a repeat. Oh, I know we can’t control what happens. 2020 taught us that.

But we have control on where we fix our minds.

It’s okay to mourn 2020 and what might’ve been; but don’t let it rob you of the anticipation, joy and hope 2021 may have in store.

When you start dwelling on hope, try fixing your mind on this scripture:

But that’s not all! Even in times of trouble we have a joyful confidence, knowing that our pressures will develop in us patient endurance. And patient endurance will refine our character, and proven character leads us back to hope. And this hope is not a disappointing fantasy, because we can now experience the endless love of God cascading into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who lives in us! Romans 5:3-5 The Passion Translation

Worldly hope lets us down. The only hope that doesn’t disappoint is the hope we find in Christ.





Welcome to Day 1 of the #Write28Days challenge. During the month of February, I'll be examining what my world looks like after 2020. I feel we are ever closer to the Lord's return. What would it look like if I lived everyday with that thought in mind?

This could be my last February 1st before He comes.

The truth is, it IS the last February 1st for some, because He comes back every day for somebody.

It could be me. It could be you. It could be every believer.

My prayer is to leave an impact. What about you?

So then, prepare your hearts and minds for action! Stay alert and fix your hope firmly on the marvelous grace that is coming to you. For when Jesus Christ is unveiled, a greater measure of grace will be released to you. 1 Peter 1:13 TPT

#28daysin2021ofintentionality

~~~

Hey, I love it that you dropped by! It would be an honor if you would subscribe to receive my posts by email. Just enter your email in the box labeled, "Follow By Email," just above my profile in the right hand column.

Also, you can find me at Instagram under jerralea

~~~

I'm sharing this post at

4 comments:

  1. Amen, beautiful passage to fix your mind on. I always need that reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And part of our sermon on Sunday was about murmuring. So I'm trying to identify my murmurings and quit it! :) So identifying my disappointment without murmuring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive been studying a little about hope via the book of Hosea and Psalms.

    Great post here. I for one didn't feel like 2020 disappointed me or whatever but mainly because my life didn't change all that much! Yes I still had to teach. Yes we had to do remote teaching from mid March-June. But we learned so much!! Yes, we went back in person wearing masks all day (YAY...they do keep us safe from germs) from July through today...(although today is a remote day due to the snow storm that hit eastern NY so i'm about to teach online again with my special preschoolers and hopefully more than 4 will show up!!). The people who moaned and groaned, in my opinion, just had so much trouble trusting God. Or don't know God to begin with. Yes it's inconvenient to have hubby working from home in our bedroom. Yes it was so sad not to be able to see our precious ballerina perform with the UNH Ballet Company. Yes we are HOPING they get to perform come March and that we can actually attend. BUT...for most of us here in the states?? life taught us many lessons. It showed me just how much I'm thankful for my relationship with Jesus because HE is my anchor. Not the latest politicians, not the medical teams, not the new vaccines....JESUS! He's my only HOpe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you are spending the month looking at the positive.

    Barb - IMM # 9 & fellow #write28days participant

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.