Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Energize

NOTE: I am briefly interrupting my series to update those that read of my husband's upcoming open heart surgery. Surgery went great! Doctor is very pleased. Please continue to pray during the long recovery process. Thank you!

Now on to my post for today:




Do you often wonder how to define what might be your calling?  It seems the best place to look is in your talents and abilities. What activities bring you joy?  What energizes you?

What is life-giving? Do more of that.

What is life-draining? Do less of that.

Now, I realize we are grown. Adulting must be done. Some life-draining tasks are necessary. (I'm looking at you, overflowing laundry baskets and grungy toilets.) Once they are done, there is a certain satisfaction.

What I'm talking about is life as a whole. Does all your life seem to be a drain on your energy and emotions? 

As a believer, I stand on God's promise that He came so I could have abundant living.

A thief has only one thing in mind—he wants to steal, slaughter, and destroy. But I have come to give you everything in abundance, more than you expectlife in its fullness until you overflow! John 10:10 TPT

You could say this scripture demonstrates the ultimate difference between life-draining and life-giving. Joy stolen and destroyed; or more joy than you could ever envision.

And if you are living in the overflow - in the fullness of the life He grants you; then you are activated and energized for service.

The Lord Yahweh is one, and he is the one who apportions to believers different varieties of ministries.
The same God distributes different kinds of miracles that accomplish different results through each believer’s gift and ministry as he energizes and activates them.
Each believer is given continuous revelation by the Holy Spirit to benefit not just himself but all. 1 Corinthians 12:5-7 TPT

Service is the natural outlet for overflowing joy. You wouldn't be able to stop yourself from sharing.

As if you'd want to!

In 2021, I'm looking for more of what brings me joy. I find my greatest joys in being in His Word and among His people.

2020 might have stolen some of the fellowship I was used to having; but it highlighted the necessity of being with my brothers and sisters. I hope never to take it for granted again.

When you discover what is life-giving for you, and do more of it, you'll be energized.



Welcome to Day 9 of the #Write28Days challenge. During the month of February, I'll be examining what my world looks like after 2020. I feel we are ever closer to the Lord's return. What would it look like if I lived everyday with that thought in mind?

This could be my last February 9th before He comes.

The truth is, it IS the last February 9th for some, because He comes back every day for somebody.

It could be me. It could be you. It could be every believer.

My prayer is to leave an impact. What about you?

So then, prepare your hearts and minds for action! Stay alert and fix your hope firmly on the marvelous grace that is coming to you. For when Jesus Christ is unveiled, a greater measure of grace will be released to you. 1 Peter 1:13 TPT


#28daysin2021ofintentionality

I don't want you to miss a post. You can go here to see all the links in my series as they go live each day.

~~~

Hey, I love it that you dropped by! It would be an honor if you would subscribe to receive my posts by email. Just enter your email in the box labeled, "Follow By Email," just above my profile in the right hand column.

Also, you can find me at Instagram under jerralea

~~~

I'm sharing this post at

Tell His Story

InstaEncouragements Link-Up


6 comments:

  1. Good news on your husband. Praying for both of you and his recovery. Yes, to doing more things that bring me joy. Not everything does, like cleaning bathrooms, but listening to a podcast while scrubbing toilets makes the job more enjoyable. So sometimes it is tweeking the activity to find more joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your hubby came through surgery well.

    And I wouldn't be surprised if Jesus came back for all of us before next February! Whenever it is, it's going to be a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God your husband did well with his surgery. Praying he has a good recovery.

    this is great!! the book group I am leading this year (school year) is How Happiness Happens by Max Lucado (HIGHLY recommend!!). Our discussion this week (tomorrow night) will center around the joy we receive when we serve others.

    Sometimes we DO have to do things that don't necessarily bring joy but those tasks might bring joy to others.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good news about your husband's surgery. I'm praying right now that his recovery will go well with no complications!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this reminder of looking at things as life-giving and life-draining - focus on the giving is where I need to be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jerralea, I was so glad to read of the success of your husband's surgery. I also really liked how you invite us to evaluate the things in our lives and determine which are life-giving, and which are life-draining. I can't avoid all the life-draining things, but I can minimize some of them, and I can lean into those life-giving things, especially those that help me fulfill the callings God has given on me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.