Thursday, August 16, 2018

Morning Pick-Me-Up #4


Do you need a little somethin’ somethin’ to get your day started? Is your spirit feeling a tad low?


Then stop and reflect on who you are in Christ!






And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. For God knew his people in advance, and he chose them to become like his Son, so that his Son would be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. Romans 8:28-29 New Living Translation

As my readers know, I often bring up my favorite “benchmark” scripture of Romans 8:28 to apply in almost any situation of life.

Today, let's focus on verse 29 which explains why sometimes the working together for good seems painful.

It’s because we are chosen to become like the Son.

We already know how far from the Son our natural man is. Bringing us near and conforming us into His image involves a lot of pulling and tugging that does not feel all that comfortable.

In fact, it can be quite painful!

It’s been said,  “God cares more about our character than our comfort.”

We are often encouraged to set goals for our lives. 

God has one goal for each one of His children: to be like Jesus.

And He will do whatever it takes to accomplish that goal. Whatever it takes.

Recap:  Who am I in Christ? If I’m a believer, Romans 8:28-29 tells me:

  • Everything will work together for good. For HIS purpose.
  • I am called
  • I have a purpose
  • He knew me in advance
  • He chose me to be like His Son
  • His Son is my older brother
  • I have a lot of brothers and sisters.


Hey! I feel better already! What about you? 





Morning pick-me-ups are my attempt to brighten your journey with uplifting thoughts based on scripture. You can read more about who you are in Christ herehere and here.

What gets your day going?



 ~~~


I’m honored you stopped by the Journey today!

I don't want you to miss a post, so why not sign up to subscribe. It's easy-peasy. Just enter your email address in the sidebar right above my profile.

If a post resonates with you, please consider sharing by clicking one of the social media buttons at the bottom of this post.


Today, I'm also linking with the communities at Tune In Thursday and Tell His Story.

6 comments:

  1. I forget He's my older brother! Thanks, Jerrelea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He should be our first thought in the morning and last one at night, how do we forget who we are in Him?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen, Jerralea. Thanks for this gentle nudge to refocus on Whose we are and what He thinks about us.

    Bless you ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this!! thanks for writing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES!!! Romans 8:28-29 are some of my go to verses. They speak such life and truth and as you say are good benchmarks to refer to.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.