Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Morning Pick-Me-Up #2




Do you need a little somethin’ somethin’ to get your day started? Is your spirit feeling a tad low?

Today’s thought is based on Paul’s words to Timothy in 2 Timothy 1:7:

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

I’ve focused on this verse for years since the hubs struggles with bipolar disorder. It’s kind of one of our “go-to” scriptures when battling with tear. However, when I looked at this scripture as not only what I don’t have from Him – fear; but, when I examined the things I DO have from Him – power, love and a sound mind – I got excited.

  • I have power given to me by God
  • I have love given to me by God
  • I have a sound mind – I’m not crazy, no matter what the world wants me to believe!


The apostle Peter assures us in his second epistle that we will have everything we need for life and godliness – so I dare to believe I have all the power needed, and all the love needed, to live the life I’m called to live. And this life won’t drive me crazy, no matter how much I might think it will! Through Christ, I can have a calm self-controlled mind instead of a panic-stricken one.

You CAN start your day confident God will be supplying whatever is needed as you serve Him.



Morning pick-me-ups are my attempt to brighten your journey with uplifting thoughts based on scripture. You can read more about who you are in Christ here and here.

What gets your day going?

~~~

I’m honored you stopped by the Journey today!

I don't want you to miss a post, so why not sign up to subscribe. It's easy-peasy. Just enter your email address in the sidebar right above my profile.

If a post resonates with you, please consider sharing by clicking one of the social media buttons at the bottom of this post.


Today, I'm linking with the communities at Inspire Me Monday and Trekking Through the Week.

2 comments:

  1. Jerralea, good morning! This is one of my favorite verses - personally and as a counselor. Fear longs to daunt every step we take, question every decision we make, put us in a place of immobility.

    For many of us, this can be a moment by moment choice to choose power, love, and a sound mind.

    The Spirit empowers us to do so.

    I loved that you've taken us there today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post! Thank you. I also love this scripture verse. Sending love to you from UT!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.