What? 2015 is over? Already?
The days passed by like pearls slipping off a string. It was a beautiful momentous year in a lot of ways. Today, I'm sharing, in no particular order, some of the things I learned in 2015.
1. I got my first iPhone in 2015. I am still learning about its features. I have to say, it is so cool!
2. My bullet journal became even more of a tool for me in 2015. I'm about finishing up my second one and thinking about making my third one pretty as well as functional.
3. I learned that a prayer I prayed over 14 years ago, and had halfway forgotten, had not been forgotten by God. The answer came true in 2015 and its ramifications are mind-boggling.
4. I'm learning that my God is a God of restoration.
5. I'm continuing to learn the joys of being MiMi. During 2015 our daughter and son-in-law bought a house a half mile away, and we have the incredible joy of having the grandkids in our home 3 and 4 nights a week.
6. I've also learned that the areas I was weak when parenting are still areas I have to work on as a grandparent.
7. I learned it is not wise to drive to Florida straight through with twins. That is all I have to say about that.
8. I've learned that two of my favorite new things to do in the blogging world in 2015 was participating in the What We Learned link up each month and becoming a co-hostess at The Loft. Love these communities!
9. I've learned how vital it is to get away and just sit quietly outside in nature to recharge my spiritual batteries. (One reason winter is NOT my favorite because it makes it hard to do that.)
10. I've learned the struggle is real - there is never a place where you have arrived, but with trusting in Him, I can continue on my Journey - joyfully!
Our world today is filled with many voices ... if I flip on the news for even a few minutes I'm bombarded with things that can steal my peace. This past year a lot of upsetting events occurred - the SCOTUS decision on marriage, the nine people murdered during a prayer meeting, the Planned Parenthood scandal, the Ferguson, MO, conflict, the Paris terrorist attack; and as if that were not enough, all the natural disasters. As I write this, flood waters are descending all around the area where I live. I've been through a flood once already, the very last thing I want is to go through it again.
Yet, because of all the things I've already experienced on this Journey, I know the Waymaker. He said He would never leave me. He's got this.
I just have to believe it.
What has 2015 taught you? I'd be honored if you would share in the comments, or perhaps you'd like to link up your own post at Emily's site.