Let's count highlights of my week:
1. Last Saturday, Jim and I finally got away to take a mini road trip to our favorite lake. We got there late in the day, just in time to watch the sunset.
Why do I like going and sitting at the lake so much? There is just something about sitting out in God's creation, away from the to-do lists, computers and laundry piles that is so restful. I found out this week I'm not the only lake-sitter. Myquillin, at thenester.com, is in agreement. Read her post, Why it's Worth it to Fight for Rest.
2. Although we've alternately had days of triple digit heat indexes and torrential rains, my tubs of flowers on the porch are doing well. I love the color that greets me every afternoon when I pull into the carport.
3. The twins turned 14 months this week. I am so thankful they are healthy, inquisitive and adorable. Most of all, I'm thankful I get to share in their lives.
4. We've ate well this week: grilled hot dogs, fresh corn on the cob, watermelon, grapes and peaches, and Orange Chicken. Yum.
5. Quote of the week - another quote from our beloved Bro. Chapman:
"Chasing something out of your head is not an easy task ..."
So, be careful what you put in there!
And so ends another week on the Journey. How did your week go? I'd love it if you'd share in the comments, or you could link up your own Friday's Fave Five post at Susanne's space, Living to Tell the Story.