Thursday, August 6, 2015

Choices

Max Road Diverge

Every decision, every choice, determines the path you take in life. 

For example, one summer I made the decision to accompany my parents on a trip back to our family's home. Before, on their last couple of trips to visit relatives, I stayed home and didn't go.

But that year, I went.

That decision ultimately led to my grandchildren being who they are.

On that trip, I met my future husband.

If I had not met him, my children would not have been born.

If I had not met him, my grandchildren would not have been born.

Yes, I might have conceivably met someone else, got married and had kids and grand-kids, but they wouldn't have had the family traits and characteristics they now have. They wouldn't have Miller blood running through their veins. 

It wouldn't have been the same.

When I was fourteen, I made another decision, another choice. I decided to make Jesus my Lord and Savior. That decision influenced everything!

Because I joined God's family and had His precious blood cleansing mine, my path went a different direction than it might have.

I walked the path of serving God, not perfectly by any means. In fact, I stumbled off the path a time or two. Sometimes, I just camped out on the path and didn't move spiritually ahead for awhile. 

Somehow, He always got me going again, often sending people, the Holy Spirit, and / or His Word to motivate me.

Every decision is a crossroad.  I pray I would always choose the right direction each time.  The great thing? If I do get off the path, He is big enough to help me back to where I should be.

What about you? Are you at a crossroads right now? It's all about the heart and Who you are focused on. If your focus is yourself, you might stumble off the path; but if your focus is Jesus you can trust He will make your paths straight.

I will bring the blind by a way they did not know;I will lead them in paths they have not known.I will make darkness light before them,And crooked places straight.These things I will do for them,And not forsake them.... Isaiah 42:16


~~~


Today, I'm visiting The Loft for the first time, and joining in with their picture prompt.  If you'd like to join in, visit here.

The Loft Link Up


8 comments:

  1. Welcome to The Loft!! I am so glad you joined us. We are in a summer slow time, but it will pick back up after the kiddos go back to school. I loved your post, and your thoughts about the picture prompt. The way you considered the paths that you have taken, and the things that happened along the way was so lovely. Thank you for joining us, Jerralea, and do come back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always believe that. We are now the product of our past choices, and we can determine our future by the choices we make today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful post on choices and how they influence who we are now and where they will take us in the future. I especially love that God is big enough to get us back on track when we slip. Have a wonderful weekend, Jerralea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful testimony. Not only does it give a testimony to your faith in Christ, but also to the importance of making good decisions. Every one of them counts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is always neat how God prompts our heart to make those choices that are the ones needed to accomplish his plan. My mom made the choice to move to California from Pennsylvania years ago; which then had my brother and me meet the spouses God intended us to meet :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the Loft! I think it is amazing the way such seemingly little choices can make such a big difference in our future! Choosing to trust Jesus as my Lord has made such a big impact on everything in my life. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those were two very important choices for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful words of the way God weaves our lives together for His plans! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.