Yes, I've learned I march to the beat of a different drummer. For instance ...
|Sunrise in Our Backyard|
1. I'm an early riser. My biorhythms seem to work best in the early morning hours. Lately, I've been learning to exercise first thing in the morning when I have the most energy and the least excuses. I work well all morning long until about mid-afternoon where I begin to get sleepy. I get my second wind about 4 p.m. and feel pretty good until about 8 p.m. After that, don't ask for much out of me. And if, for some reason, I stay up after 10 p.m. you will hear nothing but nonsense from me. My brain has powered down for the night.
But while I'm an early bird, my whole family are night owls. Yes, my family does their best work at night. The midnight hours are for writing term papers, doing laundry, making brownies, remodeling projects - you name it. One night I woke up to go to the bathroom and discovered my husband had moved the china cabinet and was mopping and waxing where it had stood. Yep, that's how they roll.
2. I gauge my comfort level on my toes. If my toes are hot, air-conditioning and bare feet is the remedy. If my toes are cold, then I'm freezing. I must have socks, my heaviest afghan and a cup of hot tea. If I don't get those things, my feet will cramp and then nobody is a happy camper.
3. I'm an inveterate laugher. I get tickled at the most random things and at the most random times. I've had to leave many a church service, wedding or funeral because something would strike me funny and I couldn't keep from laughing. Also, I recycle old jokes. What I mean by that is that I can suddenly remember something amusing that happened in the past and enjoy it all over again ... all day long. While I'm admitting all these things, I might as well 'fess up and tell you that if I get really tickled, I've been known to snort. Loudly.
4. I'm a voracious reader. I not only read books constantly, but anything and everything that has the written word on it. Even the backs of cereal boxes must be read - even if I've read it before.
5. I'm addicted to McDonald's sweet tea. I try to limit myself but it is verra verra hard! (Imagine a Scottish brogue as you read the word "verra.")
6. I'm deathly afraid of mice - more afraid of them when they are dead then when they are alive. Because, after all, if they are dead, someone has to dispose of them. I try to make sure it's not me!
This post was written in response to Writer's Workshop prompt 2.) List six random facts about yourself. If you'd like to read other responses, or link up, go to Kat's blog, Mama's Losin' It.