One thing my readers may not know about me is that I and my husband were once Amway Distributers. Yes, we once sold soap. No, we did not make any money during those years; but perhaps the lessons we learned were more valuable.
We attended a lot of conferences that included some great teaching that not only applied to the business but to life. The downline distributors that we were involved with believed in motivating their people. So, as young twenty-somethings we learned about organization, positive thinking, reading to always be a learner, dressing for success, and never giving up.
We did wash out of the soap business, but many of those lessons stuck.
After all, a writer that needs to also work a day job must be organized. Any creative must think positively when outside forces are constantly whispering words of negativity. I've mentioned before that writers need to be readers; and we absolutely must learn to never, ever, give up.
All those books I read and motivational speaches I heard are still in my brain and the knowledge shows up at the most surprising times. Learning is priceless, and knowledge can open doors.
What is something I don't know about you? Inquiring minds want to know!
~~
This is Day 18 of taking my reader along a journey with me as I birth my book. I hope you consider checking in daily to see my progress.
~~
I write for believers, but if you are not a believer and would like to know more, visit A Ticket Home. to find the way Home.
Sharing at Let's Have Coffee

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.