Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Lifetime Occupation




Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you your heart’s desires. ~ Psalm 37:4 New Living Translation

 

Father,

 

I have long loved this verse; ever since I claimed it as my own when seeking relief from infertility. But the truth is; delighting in You is a lifetime occupation – it’s an enjoyable one, to be sure – but it does require keeping my focus on You.

 

It's also true that once you receive your heart’s desire, then you must take care of what you received. And then, being human, we discover more desires …

 

Father, today I ask You to help me and my friends keep our focus on You, and focus on the delightful things about You. There are many – You are kind, gracious, merciful, forgiving, compassionate, caring, loving, and so much more! I cannot understand why anyone would rather go their own way then to be Your child.

 

Help us share our delight in having such an awesome God with everyone we meet.

 

In Jesus name, so be it, amen. 

All photos created in PicMonkey by Jerralea using personal, family and stock photos. Please do not copy. 

~~


Thanks for dropping by the Journey! 
I want to always share my post, A Ticket Home
for those who might not know the way Home.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for writing this precious letter to our Father, and thank you more for including me in your prayer! This is a promise from Psalms 37 I’ve held dear for so many years. Thank you for reminding me of God’s word today!
    Eyes on Jesus and Shine,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, it is one of the first scriptures I used as a "Word to Stand On." It is very precious to me. Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for including us all in your prayer, Jerralea. May we keep our eyes on the Lord and we will come to desire what He alone desires for our lives. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! What a blessing when our desires align with His! Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen Jerri. Praying this beautiful prayer with you today.
    Visiting today from Joanne's

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.