Thursday, November 17, 2022

Praise Posts 2022 - #4 – Thankful to Rise Up

But those who wait for the Lord’s help find renewed strength;
they rise up as if they had eagles’ wings,
they run without growing weary,
they walk without getting tired.
Isaiah 40:31 New English Translation

Look at those two words, RISE UP. The other day the thought came to me that God's people will not stay down, they will rise up, if they wait on Him.
 
I don’t know about you, but I often get into a big hurry and foolishly act without thinking – much less praying – about the consequences.

I don’t want to react anymore; I want to wait on God’s help. After all, if He created the entire universe, He knows a thing or two. Why wouldn’t I wait for His guidance and wisdom?
 
Also, this verse addresses our weaknesses. We are powerless without the help of the Lord; but after waiting on Him, we get new strength.
 
Notice this scripture references eagles. Bald eagles monitored by tracking devices have been found to travel 100 to 125 miles in a single flight. (Quora

This is thought to be the equivalent of a 4-6 hour trip. I can’t even make a road trip without stopping every 2 hours. But God promises if I wait on Him, He will empower me to go and go! Not only will I be able to go and do what He wants me to do, He also promises I won’t get tired and weary.
 
Could it mean if I’m approaching burnout, I’m doing something I didn’t wait on God’s approval to proceed? (This may be a subject for a later post)
 
I am thankful for this promise. If I put in the hard work of waiting and listening for His voice to signal when to step out, my reward is strength and the ability to rise above what the world offers.
 
Seems like a no-brainer to me.



Welcome to Praise Posts 2022!
 
In the midst of the crazy world we live, I’m more grateful than ever for the Word of God. Scripture gives me a firm foundation to stand upon when everything else seems shaky. It seems each day I crave His Word even more, and it speaks to me even more plainly than it ever has.
 
With that in mind, I’ve decided to make this year’s Praise Posts all about scripture. Beginning November 14 and running through November 24, I am planning to pick out 10 scriptures that meant the most to me in 2022 and do a Praise Post each day on one of them. I hope you’ll join me each day by posting one of your favorite scriptures in the comment section.

 

All photos created in PicMonkey by Jerralea using personal, family and stock photos. Please do not copy.


Previous Post: Thankful for Enduring Fruit 


 Today, I'm linking with Grace at Home and Tune In Thursday

1 comment:

  1. What a blessing that no matter how weary I get physically, spiritually He enables me to rise up as if on eagle's wings.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.