Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Praise Posts 2022 - #3 - Thankful for Enduring Fruit

 

So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable. Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless. 1 Corinthians 15:58 New Living Translation

 

If you lose sight of the worthiness of your goal, it’s easy to begin to feel useless. 

Discouragement is definitely one of the tools of the enemy. If he can make you think what you do doesn’t matter; eventually you’ll be doing nothing.

Go back and read all of chapter 15 of 1st Corinthians. You’ll soon see the subject is the Resurrection. Our work needs to be done well and with enthusiastm for the day of the Lord is drawing near.

We don’t work to earn our salvation: that is a free gift, but we work in order to have something to lay at the Savior’s feet.


For God is not unjust to forget your work and labor of love which you have shown toward His name, in that you have ministered to the saints, and do minister. Hebrews 6:10 New King James Version

 

In the Resurrection, He will remember our love and service. In the meantime, we can be thankful He never forgets. We know our work is worthwhile. Our efforts are not in vain.

Read 1 Corinthian 15:58 again in The Passion Translation:

So now, beloved ones, stand firm, stable, and enduring. Live your lives with an unshakable confidence. We know that we prosper and excel in every season by serving the Lord, because we are assured that our union with the Lord makes our labor productive with fruit than endures.

I want enduring fruit. Don’t you?



Welcome to Praise Posts 2022!

In the midst of the crazy world we live, I’m more grateful than ever for the Word of God. Scripture gives me a firm foundation to stand upon when everything else seems shaky. It seems each day I crave His Word even more, and it speaks to me even more plainly than it ever has. 

With that in mind, I’ve decided to make this year’s Praise Posts all about scripture. Beginning November 14 and running through November 24, I am planning to pick out 10 scriptures that meant the most to me in 2022 and do a Praise Post each day on one of them. I hope you’ll join me each day by posting one of your favorite scriptures in the comment section.

All photos created in PicMonkey by Jerralea using personal, family and stock photos. Please do not copy.

Previous Post - Thankful for His Protection


Today, I'm linking up at Let's Have Coffee and Recharge Wednesday.

2 comments:

  1. Jerralea, you have no idea how encouraging this post was to me! These passages ministered to me as only God's Word can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this praise message Jerri. So encouraging friend.
    Visiting today from Let's Have Coffee #15,16&28

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.