Saturday, September 3, 2022

Stay on the Path God has for You




Life just seems overwhelming sometimes, doesn't it? You're bombarded with voices wanting you to do this thing or that thing, or to believe every thing said is true and has merit.

But that's just not so.

Not every voice calling is one you should heed. You need discernment to distinguish between not only good and evil, but also what is better and the best.

If you are a believer, you have the gift of a Companion who will travel with you and be your guide. Listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit telling you which path to take - and then stay on that path!

And if you fall off, He is big enough to get you back on the path if you will just turn back to Him and ask.

Stay on the path that the Lord your God has commanded you to follow. Then you will live long and prosperous lives in the land you are about to enter and occupy.
~Deuteronomy 5:33


What land are you trying to occupy? I've been working towards A Rich and Satisfying Life, and sharing my thoughts at my other website, Jerralea.com.

I recently posted #27 of the series, Lord, I'm Tired of Doing This, I Can't Go On. My latest post, "I Make Sure My Roots Are Well-Watered, although not part of the series, is a great companion piece that explores how we are spending our time.

~~

I just want you to know how highly I value those of you who visit my little piece of the cyberspace to read my words. I believe my calling is to encourage others with words of hope and blessing. Thank you especially to those who respond with comments. You make it worthwhile!

I'm sharing this post at Grace and Truth

1 comment:

  1. Jerralea, thanks for the reminder to pay attention to the right voices, the ones that matter most. Especially His.
    Too many others are trying to grab our attention and take us nowhere.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.