Saturday, April 23, 2022

Jerralea's Update

It's been a minute since I did a thankfulness post; but I'm thinking writing one is the best possible use of my time.

Easter weekend was a great time with family. Rory got to spend the night at MiMi and Papa's and she visited church with Brody and Baylee. We all had dinner together except Daniel who had to work; but later in the evening he joined us as we gathered again to eat leftovers and play games.

I love game night with the family!

Our family (except Daniel, who was working)



Our gorgeous daughters


Our adorable grands!



A slow recovery: I have not shared on the Journey in the last month, but my last post mentioned Jim going through knee replacement surgery. (You can read about it here, Spring and Making the Most of My Time.)

Since that writing, Jim fell and injured the knee and Doc had to do some of his work over again. Yikes!

I am thankful this time his recovery seems to be going better than last time (due to that modern marvel, the Continuous Passive Motion machine!). He's had to take far less of his pain pills and is making great strides in his therapy. So grateful!


What's saving my life right now is pick-up orders at Wal-Mart. It is saving me a couple hours a week of shopping and I am loving it. So. Much. (Of course, shopping never was one of my favorite things to do.) You do have to think ahead in order to get the most convenient time slot, but it's a good idea to think ahead about what you are buying for the next week's meals anyway.




Another thing saving my life is an odd-looking contraption that helps us get Jim's compression socks on. Getting those socks on daily was a chore I did not relish. It was definitely and upper body workout for me; but with this device, the socks go on as smooth as silk. (It did take a little bit of learning the best way to use it.) I'm happy to report he only has to wear the socks about another week.

My wireless headset is another thing for which I am thankful. I love on busy Saturday mornings, I can still listen to my favorite podcasts while doing things around the house. It was also very useful for Jim to use his while strapped into his CPM machine. He is more of a music person that a podcast listener; but it definitely helped him pass the time away.

I hope reading this helped YOU think of some things that brighten your life and made you thankful.


I'm linking this post with the community at Friday's Fave Five hosted by the lovely Susanne. You are invited to participate as well by sharing your 5 blessings for the week. If you don't have a blog, feel free to list your five in the comments below.

I'm also linking at Inspire Me Monday

~~

As my readers may have noticed, I've been mainly writing at Jerralea.com the last few months. However, Jerralea's Journey is such a part of my life, I've decided to keep both blogs active for the forseeable future. The Journey will be dedicated to family news and posts on reflection. Jerralea.com will focus more on lessons learned through bible study. I'll put links to both blogs in the hopes you will want to see all that God has been speaking to my heart.

Check out my latest post, Purging Progress and Pressing On

As always, I adore each and every one of you and I feel so blessed when you take the time to share and/or comment.

12 comments:

  1. Hi Jerralea: what a beautiful family you have. The grands are adorable and getting BIG!
    Praise the Lord that Jim's knees are recovering ok now and I too love my wireless headset for listening to music or whatever while I do chores. I hope you had a wonderful Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to see you, Faith! Isn't modern technology a blessing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to see you posting in FFF! I am sorry Jim reinjured that knee. Praying that this round he will stay safe and recovery will be quick! Compression socks are horrible to get on. That device looks like it would work handy. Love the gorgeous pics of your family. I can't believe how much your grandkids have grown!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Susanne. I intend in 2022 to do more FFF posting!

      Delete
  4. So nice to have family together for Easter! We had all but my oldest in another state. I forgot to take family pictures!

    I am so sorry about your husband's knee. I hope it continues getting steadily better.

    I love being about to pickup grocery orders, too. Such a time-saver.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara, I don't know how many times I've forgotten to take pictures during holidays and special events. Luckily, my daughters do it for me!

      Delete
  5. You have a lovely family. I hope your husband's knee continues to improve. It must have been frustrating when he injured it and his recovery lengthened. I have no idea how that contraption should be used but if it helps get those socks on I'm sure it's worth every penny spent on it lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, it was a lifesaver! I'm so glad my friend told me about it; and that's one reason I decided to share. One of my readers might someday need to know there is such a help available!

      Delete
  6. Oh No! I feel so bad Jim reinjured his knee. But, I am so happy to hear his recovery is going well. What a lovely family you have, thank you for sharing their photos. I usually do grocery pick up at Wal-Mart, mostly because of anxiety and panic attacks. It sure does save time, I'm not a fan of shopping. Blessings.
    Visiting today from Inspire Me Monday #1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Paula! Yes, Jim is doing very well now and I'm so thankful. I'm glad I'm not the only one who is not a fan of shopping. Life is too short to be waste it wandering around store aisles!

      Delete
  7. Love that family photo! I hope Jim's knee is healing up again quickly. I have my own knee replacement scheduled in just over a month and I'm a bit nervous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be praying for you, Kym. Everyone I know that has been through it says it takes determination but is well worth it when it is over.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.