Saturday, March 19, 2022

Spring and Making the Most of My Time




On Monday, it will officially be Spring!

I love living where there are seasons; maybe because I like change. Spring is my favorite time of year for so many reasons.
  • Days begin to get longer
  • Things green up
  • Daffodils start appearing
  • Temps slowly warm up, but evenings are still cool and perfect for snuggling in cozy afghans and lighting candles
All this new life makes me think of new beginnings. And there is nothing I love more than new beginnings!

New beginnings can be work. For instance, Jim has a new knee. His knee replacement surgery recovery means our days are filled with trips to physical therapy, trips to the pharmacy, counting the hours until a pain pill can be taken, wrestling on compression socks, and keeping our little ice machine powered ice bag running. (The ice machine is a wondrous thing for a knee that has suffered trauma!) 

I've not even mentioned my coaching duties to help Jim keep his leg limbered up.

This is the season of recovering. It takes time. Time is such a precious commodity. Each of us have the same amount each day. We can't get more of it. Once it's gone, it's gone.



I'm reminded of this passage from The Passion Translation:

"So be very careful how you live, not being like those with no understanding, but live honorably with true wisdom, for we are living in evil times. Take full advantage of every day as you spend your life for his purposes." Ephesians 5:15-16 TPT

Exactly one year ago today, I wrote about this in my post, Redeem the Time. I said then, and feel it's even more true now:

I don't want time-wasting to define me. These are evil times. I have no idea how much longer I have. (You don't have any idea, either.) I am asking God to help me live each day as He wants.

Am I doing it perfectly? Nope, but I'm closer than I was before. Do I still waste time? Yes, but not as much now that I'm aware of the traps the enemy sets in front of me to render me ineffective.

What season are you in? Are you in recovery or full-on pressing forward? Spring, or is winter lingering on? Whatever it is, take full advantage. If this is a time of rest, rest with all your might. If it is a time of productivity, be fruitful.

Happy growing!

~~

I invite you to read the lastest installment of my "Rich and Satisfying Life" series, "The Enemy Entraps; Jesus Rescues."




2 comments:

  1. Praying for a complete recovery for your husband's knee!
    GREAT post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh may God give you and Jim grace and patience as you make your way through this healing season, Jerralea ...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.