Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Bold!

NOVEMBER 2

Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

Hebrews 4:16 NKJV

When I was a little kid, I might have something I needed to ask my daddy. I would say to my brother, "I'm just going to go in there and tell him I need him to do such and such." I would say it confidently and assertively. 

But when it came time to actually talk to him about my need, I'd approach him timidly and in a small voice say, "Daddy? There's something I need to ask you."

Later, my brother would laugh and laugh. "I thought you were going to tell him what he was supposed to do. Instead you begged in a baby voice."

I've grown way past begging; and I don't have to approach my heavenly Father with the fear He will be mad I asked. In fact, according to the writers of Hebrews I can BOLDLY come to the throne room of heaven.

Why can I be bold? Because in this passage of scripture, verse 15 tells me Jesus, my High Priest, will sympathize with our weaknesses, since He once put on flesh and walked the earth like we do. Verse 16 goes on to say go boldly and ask, and we will find mercy and grace waiting to help.

Now, Hebrews 4:16 is one of my go-to scriptures when I pray, especially if I am praying in agreement for someone at the altar. I want us both to remember we have the right as children of God to ask for help when we need it.



I'm so thankful for my Advocate, my High Priest, my Savior, Jesus, and His word. Here is that same scripture in the Passion Translation. It is so uplifting!

So now we draw near freely and boldly to where grace is enthroned, to receive mercy’s kiss and discover the grace we urgently need to strengthen us in our time of weakness. Hebrews 4:16 TPT



It's the Praise Post season here on the Journey. In November of 2021, I want to share one scripture a day with you and let you know why it is special in my life.

Just one a day. Easy-Peasy. 

You're invited to join me by leaving a comment sharing your favorite. If you feel led to write a post, feel free to leave your link to your post. I would love to read your words!

~~

Sharing today with Let's Have Coffee and Recharge Wednesday.


2 comments:

  1. I am so grateful we can enter boldly and with confidence He hears us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! It's one thing to approach Him but another to confidently know He hears us!

    Thanks for visiting the Journey.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.