Friday, June 25, 2021

Quiet the Busy



Make it your goal to live a quiet life ... 1Thessalonians 4:11 NLT

It is not natural to lead a quiet life. We, as believers, have to be instructed to make it our goal.

If it has to be a goal, then that tells me my natural inclination is NOT to lead a quiet life.

In fact, I know this is true. My perfectionist Type A personality is constantly striving to do more, achieve more and do all the things.

Instead, I need to kill the busy. In this Martha-like world, being a Mary is of the utmost importance. And what is Mary known for?

Sitting at the feet of Jesus.

That's it.

But I've an idea she was considered beautiful. 

 ... Beauty expresses itself in a gentle and quiet attitude which God considers precious. 1 Peter 3:4b NOG


(Read Martha and Mary's story here.) 

Speaking of quiet, there's a great post from fellow Hope*Writer, Michelle Elaine Burton, that addresses when we are hesitant to have quiet time. 

~~


Note to my subscribers: Change is coming to the Journey.  Unfortunately, things did not get done when I had hoped. The current email subscription will stop in July.  Please check at the Journey for new content during the month of July. I hope to have an opportunity for those who would like to continue to receiving emails soon.

I just want you to know how highly I value those of you that make your way to the Journey to read my words! I believe encouraging others with the written word is a worthy calling. Thank you especially to those who respond. You make it worthwhile.


If a post resonates with you, please consider sharing by clicking one of the social media buttons at the bottom of this post.

I'm sharing this post with my friends at
Five Minute Friday  (It's great to see that Kate and I were thinking along the same lines!)

4 comments:

  1. "I need to kill the busy"--these are powerful words. Often, I need to do the same.

    Blessed by your words today,
    Tammy (your FMF neighbor)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Profound observation, Jerrelea, "And what is Mary known for? Sitting at the feet of Jesus.
    That's it." I'm currently listening to a book by R.T. Kendall, Popular in Heaven Famous in Hell, that comes from the same insight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never thought about the fact that we need to be INSTRUCTED to make a quiet life our goal. I'm working on it, and it's not easy!

    Visiting from FMF#27

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing my blog post! Loved your thoughts on sitting at the feet of Jesus!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.