Thursday, June 17, 2021

Lift



Have you ever felt heavy and burdened-down?

Contrast those feelings for times when you are light and care-free. The world is your oyster and you are so excited to open it up to see what "pearls" it might have for you.

I like feeling light way more than experiencing heaviness. I bet you do, too.

The best way I've found to feel the shackles of burdens dropping off is when I've spent time with God. I give all the frustrations, frowns and fretting to Him; and in exchange, I'm lighter. I've been lifted up. I've got direction now.

I'm more confident now that I feel I'm under God's watchcare.

I've also discovered the best time to make this exchange.

Yup, in the morning!

I know ... I love to sleep in. It's sometimes hard to get awake; but, oh my goodness, the day goes so much better when I lift up, or offer up, my soul at the start of the day.

There's a reason the Psalms tells us more than once to lift up our souls to Him. If we offer up whatever is bothering us, the Holy Spirit can lift us to a higher level of trust in Him.

Because we will experience His kindness and care.

Make me hear Your lovingkindness in the morning,
for in You I trust.
Show me the way I should go,
    for to You I lift up my soul.
Psalm 143:8 Tree of Live Version

~~~


I just want you to know how highly I value those of you that make your way to the Journey to read my words! I believe encouraging others with the written word is a worthy calling. Thank you especially to those who respond. You make it worthwhile.


I don't want you to miss a post, so why not sign up to subscribe? It's easy-peasy. Just enter your email address in the sidebar right above my profile.

If a post resonates with you, please consider sharing by clicking one of the social media buttons at the bottom of this post.

You might be interested in this week's most-viewed posts:

I'm sharing this post with the communities at:

12 comments:

  1. This is so true, Jerralea, "The day goes so much better when I lift up, or offer up, my soul at the start of the day."
    ~Lisa, FMF #12

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too often I try to carry the burden myself. What a relief when I take it to the Lord! Don’t know why it takes me so long!Thank you for the wise words and I love the verse too! Your #fmf neighbor, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things always go better when I start my day with the Lord Jerralea.
    Blessings,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the simplicity of this invitation! Thanks! This blessed me today, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot teach little ones with special needs all day without first spending time with my most Heavenly Father. He is my Rock, my Guide and my Comforter. How I love my morning times with His Presence before the rush of the day kicks in. Love the post and scripture you shared! Be blessed today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are many aspects to prayer. I'm musing on the words "for to you I lift up my soul". Listening, meditating, quietness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. On those days when I don't spend time in the Lord's presence, everything just feels off balance. Taking the time to seek His will gives me right direction for my day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Coming out of this long season of not feeling well...I can surely relate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My body hasn't felt good the past few days, so my soul often follows. But I don't want my soul to be anchored to my body in that way. Thanks for this life, Jerralea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been thinking about having a sound mind and what impact that has on my prayer life -- and everything. The lift we need comes from him.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My day goes much smoother and with peace when I spend time with my Redeemer. ESPECIALLY when I begin my day with Him. Thanks for an uplifting post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mornings go so much better when I spend time with God - instead of regretting later that I didn't let His blessing cover more of my day! When I have that routine, my heart is so much more content!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.