Saturday, April 17, 2021

Permission to Pause



I work really hard through the week to get all my stuff done so that Saturday can be my oasis, my Sabbath, my time of resting. This is a worthy goal but a difficult one when my roles include Child of God, Wife, Mother, MiMi, Ministry Assistant at two churches, bible study teacher, blogger and writer - not to mention homekeeper!

To be honest, the blogging, writing and homekeeping seem to get the dregs out of the cup of my life.

Recently I was talking about the have-to-do's, the should-do's and the want-to-do's about life. I decided to wait on the should-do's (or maybe give them up altogether).

Certain seasons require putting some of these things on the back-burner. I have permission to pause what can be put on hold.

Currently my hubs is going through cardiac rehab. I'm going with him on these visits and walking the track right along side him. I made the decision to pause some of my want-to-do's to spend this time with him.

I have to believe that my Shepherd, my guide, who directs my path, will make it all work out together in the end.

So we are convinced that every detail of our lives is continually woven together for good, for we are his lovers who have been called to fulfill his designed purpose. Romans 8:28 TPT

Do you need to pause? It's okay to give yourself permission.

~~~

This post was written in response to the Five Minute Friday prompt, "Permission." In the interest of full disclosure, I gave myself permission to finish this post on Saturday when I got interrupted Friday.

It's all good.

~~~

I just want you to know how highly I value those of you that make your way to the Journey to read my words! I believe encouraging others with the written word is a worthy calling. Thank you especially to those who respond. You make it worthwhile.
I don't want you to miss a post, so why not sign up to subscribe? It's easy-peasy. Just enter your email address in the sidebar right above my profile.

If a post resonates with you, please consider sharing by clicking one of the social media buttons at the bottom of this post.

You also might want to vist this week's most viewed posts:



I'm sharing this post with my friends at Five Minute Friday and Grace&Truth and Inspire Me Monday. Also:

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wise decision. Hope the rehab goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to re-make this decision again and again to pause. I'm currently trying to be more intentional about hitting pause at 5pm on my "fun" projects so I'll be more available when my husband gets home from work. That's wonderful that you're walking the track with your husband. A win-win for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's vital to constantly evaluate and reevaluate how we spend our time, isn't it? It's so easy to get caught up in the routine of something we never take the time to see if it's still relevant for us in this moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like because the Bible commands us in Psalm (i think it's 40?? could be something else though) to BE STILL and KNOW Him...that we DO need to pause. Not just once in awhile but daily! Practicing the Presence of God.....doing something for someone else (like you going to cardiac rehab with your guy), or me reaching out to that parent about her child...my student...even though I'm SICK AND TIRED of dealing with his 4 year old social emotional problems.....but knowing in my heart that I have to set aside some other things to help her and praise her for what she IS doing right. Pausing...perfectly acceptable...and the "should dos??" well.....i SHOULD have mopped my kitchen floor last night but you know what? that walk with hubby was more important :)

    great post Jerralea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jerralea, I just saw somewhere IF YOU ARE TIRED...REST...BUT DON'T QUIT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are working out with your husband. I share that struggle to find the pause button. There are just so many GOOD things to do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's not only ok. It's necessary. Prayers going up for your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pausing to be with your husband as he goes through cardio rehab seems wise and probably most appreciated by him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree, there are times when our priorities change and we have to pause certain things. It's good to give ourselves permission to do this rather than trying to keep doing it all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This post really resonates with me. I had to take a pause from leading women's small group for church after doing it for years and years. With everything going on with my aging parents I just could not do it all. I felt horrible guilt for a long time. Thank you for reminding me it's ok to give myself permission for this season of my life. Continuing to pray for full recovery for your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this and the thought of "permission" to pause. So many times we are all about our own to-do list and don't consult our heavenly Father on what's best and priority. So sweet how you walk alongside your husband in rehab. My family and the Lord remind me that those moments are the ones we'll cherish, not work or tasks. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.