Monday, February 15, 2021

Habit




I'm a lover of routines from way back. In fact, one of my favorite childhood memories was about visiting my aunt for the summer who ran a tight ship. Her household thrived on routines. I went back home convinced my mom needed to do the same.

But our households, indeed our lives, ran on a different timetable and my aunt's routines did not work for us.

Since then, I've learned the building blocks of routines are habits. You want to be productive? Build good habits in your routine.

Did you know Jesus had a habit?

Jesus left the upper room with his disciples and, as was his habit, went to the Mount of Olives, his place of secret prayer. Luke 22:39 TPT

If I want to make 2021 more successful than last year, I believe making a habit of praying in the secret place is key.

A lot of us relied on Psalm 91 in 2020. It talks about the secret place as well:

When we live our lives within the shadow of God Most High,
our secret hiding place, we will always be shielded from harm.
How then could evil prevail against us or disease infect us? 
Psalm 91:9-10 TPT

Does that mean we never get sick? No, I actually got COVID myself. We do live in a fallen world that is filled with death and disease. But it did not prevail over me! And it never will. When it is my time to go home, I will; but the enemy will not stop me until then.

What habit do you wish to add to your routine in 2021?




Welcome to Day 15 of the #Write28Days challenge. During the month of February, I'll be examining what my world looks like after 2020. I feel we are ever closer to the Lord's return. What would it look like if I lived everyday with that thought in mind?

This could be my last February 15th before He comes.

The truth is, it IS the last February 15th for some, because He comes back every day for somebody.

It could be me. It could be you. It could be every believer.

My prayer is to leave an impact. What about you?

So then, prepare your hearts and minds for action! Stay alert and fix your hope firmly on the marvelous grace that is coming to you. For when Jesus Christ is unveiled, a greater measure of grace will be released to you. 1 Peter 1:13 TPT


#28daysin2021ofintentionality

I don't want you to miss a post. You can go here to see all the links in my series as they go live each day.

~~~

Hey, I love it that you dropped by! It would be an honor if you would subscribe to receive my posts by email. Just enter your email in the box labeled, "Follow By Email," just above my profile in the right hand column.

Also, you can find me at Instagram under jerralea


I'm joining in with the Inspire Me Monday Link-up



3 comments:

  1. Great thoughts here on making our time count!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I want to pray more often this year, too. So important in living a life following Christ in obedience...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have several goals I want to make "daily habits" one of them being to pray more intentionally for people or situations. I also want to spend more time just being STILL in His Presence.....no agenda, no scripture reading list to check off, just listening and communing with my Redeemer. It's when the Holy Spirit does His best work in me...when I am still before Him.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.