Friday, February 21, 2020

Relationship = Blessing

Have you ever heard someone say, "It's not religion, it's a relationship?"

As you travel your journey, making choices contrary to what culture thinks, people are going to question your values.

They might even say, "Well, her religion won't let her do that," or "her church just has a bunch of impossible rules to follow."

If all religion means to you is a bunch of rules, then I wouldn't follow them either. Who needs more voices yapping at you telling you what to do?

But, if Christ is my Lord and Savior and has redeemed me from the terrible messes of my own making that I often find myself in, why wouldn't I want to do what pleases Him? 


For our love for God means that we obey his commands. And his commands are not too hard for us 1 John 5:3 GNT

Look at it like this:  He invites us into relationship. 


Therefore, come out from among unbelievers, and separate yourselves from them, says the LordDon’t touch their filthy things, and I will welcome you. And I will be your Father, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.” 2 Corinthians 6:17-18

What a blessing! I'm a daughter of the LORD almighty, not a slave to traditions and rules. A daughter who wants to please her Father by loving and serving Him, and He is a Father of unfailing love and mercy.

What could be better?


This is post #17 of my "Walk the Walk Christian Living Series," written from the perspective of a recovering perfectionist. You can go here to see the links of each post as they go live.



I'm linking this post to the community at Grace&Truth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.