Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Make: A Decision

Hello! Jerralea, the Joy-Spreader here. 

The next installment of my Christian Living Series, "Walk the Walk," written from the perspective of a recovering perfectionist is here!  Read on:




Make a difference.

Make it happen.


Make someone happy.


Go out and make it a great day.


Make a choice.


Go ahead! Make my day! (said in my best Clint Eastwood as Harry Callahan style)

Each sentence above has something in common: the word "make." Make is an action word that requires a decision.

Only you can make that decision.

You have a superpower given to you by God: the right to make your own decisions.

Nothing else in creation gets to choose.

It's important to note:  your everyday decisions are making your life. I first heard that from Emily P. Freeman on her "Next Right Thing" podcast and it resonated with me.

We should also realize putting something off is really a "no" to the choice. We procrastinators love to wait until conditions are perfect before launching out; but a decision to wait is really a no.

That's not to say a decision can't be revisited; but you never know if you will have an opportunity again.

Each morning, you get to make your own choices about the things you will face that day. Will you be apprehensive? Or trusting?

Will you be lackadaisical and take things as they come? Or will you determine ahead of time to fight the good fight of faith?

I make the choice of putting my spiritual armor on everyday, to be a warrior princess fighting the powers of darkness.

What about you?



I'm participating in Anita Ojeda's #Write28Days challenge. (Go here, if you're interested in joining, too. Today's the last day to sign up.) 

You're invited to read all my posts in this series. Go to my landing page each day to see the links of each post as they go live.


I'm linking this post to the communities at InstaEncouragments Link-Up and Recharge Wednesday and #TuneInThursday.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Jerralea, for this encouraging post! I needed this today!

    Thanks for linking up at InstaEncouragements!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I imagine we don't really appreciate the power God has given us over our own lives. This brings to mind the Scripture that says, As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. Thanks for this reminder. Many blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.