Sunday, February 9, 2020

Enough

There have been several articles and books currently expressing the theme, "You are enough." Don't let anyone make you feel less than. 




I do believe God does not make junk; He makes us each unique individuals, not wanting a world full of carbon-copies. Sometimes our unique-ness might look weird to others; but that's okay. You are His masterpiece!

So, I get the reasoning behind proclaiming "You are enough."

However, I think what believers should be saying is, "He is enough." Because really, any talent or gifting we might have comes from Him.

Jesus said,


“I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. John 15:5 NKJV

We're just branches. Without the vine, we will dry up and rot away. Granted, we can be a fruitful branch, lush and green; but we have to be plugged into the Source to do so.

He is our provider, our healer, and our protector. We don't need anything else, because He is enough.

So, don't let any old branch or old stick in the mud make you feel your leaves are not as good as theirs. The world might have spray-painted or glittered up their branches only appearing to look all that. Say to them, "l'm living as close to the vine as I can and that's good enough for me."




Today is day 7 of my "Walk the Walk Christian Living Series," written from the perspective of a recovering perfectionist. You can go here to my landing page to read each post as they go live.


~~~


I'm linking this post to the community at Inspire Me Monday

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I agree! I think the talk of us being enough is well-intentioned, but it does seem to put the focus on us rather than on Jesus. It is important, as you say, to remember that it is his Spirit living in us that gives us all we need. He is enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! He is enough and if we trust Him, He makes us enough!

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.