Saturday, November 16, 2019

Step into Your Unknown

You call me out upon the waters

The great unknown where feet may fail
And there I find You in the mystery
In oceans deep my faith will stand

- Hillsong United




I love that line in the song, "Where Feet May Fail," that speaks of the great unknown. The truth is our futures are unknown to us and it is definitely within the realms of possibility that both success and failure are waiting (probably some of both).


Here's the thing: it really doesn't matter. If you are truly His, and He is yours, you will make it through the pits of despair as well as on the heights of success. He is big enough to keep you either way.


So, if you're poised on the brink of a giant step you are thinking of making, you might as well take that first frightening step. Remember He is with you, sticking closer than a brother. What's the worst that could happen?


If you mess up, rely on Him to help you pick up the pieces.


Could the worst thing be to just stay where you are? After all, we're on a journey.


Yes, there is value in waiting ... but not forever. At some point, you have to step out into your unknown!

~~~

Hey, I'm late to the party but couldn't let the opportunity to write on the prompt, "unknown" go by. Want to join in? You can find the Five Minute Friday group of writers here.

I'm also linking up to:
Grace&Truth
Inspire Me Monday
#TellHisStory

8 comments:

  1. Tote that barge and lift that bale
    as you walk along the sea,
    for I will see your feet won't fail
    as you walk the waves to Me.
    I know that you can't see the reason
    for your dark and storm-tossed days,
    but trust, my child, that in due season
    you will understand My ways.
    Meanwhile, just hold out your hand
    to Me, and I will not let you go.
    Together we will reach dry land,
    and there you'll see the sunrise glow,
    and in that dawning light of grace
    now clearly, you shall see My Face.

    #1 at FMF this week.

    https://blessed-are-the-pure-of-heart.blogspot.com/2019/11/your-dying-spouse-697-losses-fmf.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find waiting the most spiritually challenging task I face, but this reminder that we sometimes need to stop waiting and GO is timely. Thank you. Tish

    ReplyDelete
  3. as i mature the waiting is getting easier but oh....how difficult it's been sometmes in the past....great post!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Jerralea, thank you for the encouragement to step out. I have been in a waiting season for a bit, which has been a hard lesson for me to learn (and relax at the same time). At this stage, I'm also learning balance is important, and discernment is its partner. Maybe I'll just dip my toe in the water and go from there. Thanks and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. May God give us wisdom and grace to wait when it is time to wait and step out when it is time to step out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, amen, He goes with us each step of the way! Thank you for this sweet encouragement to trust Him right there, in that step that feels so scary. I needed to be reminded of this today. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that song! The unknown is not easy for me--but my God is known, and always faithful. I don't have to do life alone!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.