Thursday, November 21, 2019

Praising for ordinary things ...

Five years ago, I did a series in November called Praise Posts. The idea was to give praise each day for 5 things.




Everyone can find 5 things. Sometimes they are priceless like the love of family. Sometimes they just bring a lift to the spirit like a fresh cup of coffee with some Holiday Peppermint creamer added. Yum.

I thought it would be fun to revisit some of these posts in this last week before Thanksgiving. Today begins 7 of my most popular out of the 31 Praise Posts.

It would be so cool if you'd join in. List something in the comments for which you are thankful. Big or small, we want to hear them all!

I'll go first:


  1. Music - I love praise and worship, southern gospel, and soft instrumental music.  I also have little songs I love to sing around the house a capella when working. It just makes the day brighter.
  2. Books - I've already given praise for the gift of sight and the ability to read, but I also want to give thanks for the actual books I get my hands on.  Thank you, God, for the library and for authors.
  3. Free Kindle books - love getting these!
  4. DVR - I'm not a big television fan but I do love my DVR and record what few shows I watch. Then I can watch TV commercial-free.
  5. Jeopardy! - I've always loved game shows and Jeopardy! is a show that Jim and I always watch together every day. I'm thankful for the many hours together spent watching something we both like.

That's it! Short and sweet and hard to beat.

What is a blessing you are thankful for today? Bonus points if you can come up with 5!


I'm linking this post with the community at:

#TuneInThursday

1 comment:

  1. I'm thankful for several of your ordinary things. I'll add 5 of my own.
    A hot shower, texts of photos of my kids and grands, down comforters, views out my windows, a full tank of gas...
    Thanks for the prompt, Jerrelea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.