Tuesday, April 30, 2019

April Reflection Journal - #12




Something That Made Me Smile

The antics of my grandchildren are the breath of life to me. I never tire of remembering – and telling – of their cuteness. Today, I’m sharing some recent chuckles:

Baylee, praying with her mama:

“Dear Jesus,
          Please let me stay this size forever and never grow up, in Jesus name, Amen.”

Then, putting her hand on her mother’s heart, she said, “Jesus, it’s me Baylee. I love you and I just wanted to tell you that.

Amen”

Aww, be still my heart!

Her Aunt TeeTee reports on the way to school:

“Baylee just asked me if I would pull her leg sleeves down because her ankles were cold.”

Leg sleeves! You mean pant legs?

Brody, pointing to a lei hanging from the rearview mirror in the car, “I remember the day we got those. I keep it in my brain allll the time!”

Memories …. Good times.


Something That Made Me Think/

I saw these two thoughts that were similar:

  • What other people think of you is none of your business.
It is dangerous to be concerned with what others think of you, but if you trust the Lord, you are safe. Proverbs 29:25
… from the 7 Rules of Life seen at Cyndi Spivey.com
·        Do not take to heart all the things that people say. 
Ecclesiastes 7:21
Words to ponder for a recovering people-pleaser like me.

Share Something That Spoke To You

I’ve been revisiting the subject of fear this month on the blog. Here’s a couple things to think about:

·        It occurs to me that Psalm 56:3 could be a great "breath" prayer. Breathe in and say, "What Time I Am Afraid"... breathe out and say, "I will trust in thee." Great way to calm a racing heart!

·        Sometimes the struggle we are going through is just like the situation the woman with the issue of blood faced all those years ago in Jesus’ day. I'm thinking of her struggle to inch through the crowd to touch the hem of His garment. Was it easy? No way! How big was that crowd anyway? I’ve always imagined it as a group of about 20-30 people surrounding Jesus. But suddenly, I thought of the fact there was a crowd of approximately 15,000 the day Jesus fed them with loaves and fishes. Perhaps only a fraction of those 15,000 were there the day the little woman decided to press through; still, there easily could have been 1,000 people.

Imagine! A thousand people between you and Jesus, between you and the answer you need! 

She started making her way through. People ignored her, shoved her away, maybe they said hurtful things to her – “Get out of here, the Master is not here for the likes of you!” (Remember, she was unclean since she had that blood issue.) Yet. She. Kept. Coming.

Now apply that to YOUR life. Everyone has a struggle. Yours may look different than mine. Everyone has a fear of some sort. What if your struggle to do whatever it is you need to do, is your struggle to touch that hem of the garment of Jesus?

What if persevering, and pressing through, puts you in the position to touch the hem of Jesus’ garment? And once you’ve gotten that close to Jesus, you’re healed and made whole – whether it’s illness in your physical body, or a healing needed in your emotional, spiritual, or even material life.

Wouldn’t it be worth it?


Share a favorite picture

My sweeties in springtime:


How about you? What's been going on in your world? Leave a comment and share!

~~~

I'll be linking with these great communities of writers:



7 comments:

  1. Love, love, love reading about the conversations with your grands. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cracking up over "leg sleeves!"
    Yup, grands are just the best gift of all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything grandchildren warms me right up. Our eldest graduates from Liberty University this month - YIKES!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jerralea, I loved all that you have shared especially about your grandchildren. Grandchildren are a gift from the Lord for sure. I also want to thank you for sharing Psalm 56:3 as it was an answer to prayer which I will be sharing with a friend today! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My April was full of trips with students and then a trip to a college reunion. I feel very well-traveled (and a little worn out). Seeing my daughter and son-in-love four four days made all the traveling with it, though :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! There!. Thanks for sharing. I was touched by the woman fighting the crowds. Never thought of that. I do not think I could handle thousands of people between me and Jesus. Just the thought of that makes my heart tremble and my soul chooses to stay still. Again thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of doing a breath prayer with Psalm 56:3. And your grandchildren quotes are great. :) I hope I'll be disciplined enough to keep up with that when my time comes. My only granddaughter isn't talking yet but I know it will be here in the blink of an eye!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.