Monday, March 25, 2019

Reflection Journal #11



Something That Made Me Smile

We had our Rory girl over for a sleepover at MiMi and PaPa's. She was good as gold, and watching her sunny smile made our hearts happy.

We took her to Chic-Fil-A to eat chicken nuggets and play in the play place. I got tickled watching her take pieces of her nuggets and dip it into the Chic-Fil-A sauce. After a while, she pushed aside the nuggets and just dipped her finger into the sauce and licked it off. You can get away with that kind of behavior when you're only 20 months old.

Something That Made Me Think

I've realized the motivation behind why I feel so driven to accomplish something every day - my time is getting shorter. I didn't mind wasting time at all when I was in my twenties. But in your sixties, you want to make every day count!

(Boy, I really hated admitting I'm in my sixties - but 60 is the new 40, right? However, I comfort myself with the knowledge my inner self is only about 25. I used to say I felt 19 inside, but I have lived and learned a lot, so now it's 25.)

A Win For The Week

I basically only had to do about 2 hours-worth of work on Saturday and had the rest of the whole day free! I've been working hard to get stuff done through the week in order to accomplish that goal. Now, I'm going to try to do it again.

Share Something That Spoke To You

I loved this post I saw on Maree Dee’s blog, Embracing the Unexpected. It was written by Landen Melton, Pursue Peace without the Details. I recommend reading it.

What spoke to me was this:

“While we might never fully understand, we can become more comfortable in not having all the answers”

His point was the more you dwell with God, the more you’re satisfied with knowing Him and not knowing the details.

I sum it up like this:

We don’t have to know the why, just the Who!

Share a favorite picture


Somebody likes to raise their eyebrows when excited - just like MiMi does - and GreatPaPa Winn did!

How about you? What's been going on in your world? Leave a comment and share!


~~~

I'm linking this post at Inspire Me Monday, #TellHisStory #WriterWednesday and Purposeful Faith

7 comments:

  1. I like that! "We don't have to know the why, just the Who!" Thanks for sharing. Your positive attitude is a nice way for me to start the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your "somethings" with us! Your granddaughter is adorable! I am a Mimi too. Gotta love those sleepovers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your grandbaby is such a doll! I so relate to this: "I didn't mind wasting time at all when I was in my twenties. But in your sixties, you want to make every day count!" I'm 56 and I know my years are numbered. I want to use them wisely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Love those raised eyebrows. I like that..."we don't have to know the why, just the who."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love getting things done during the week so that I have time to rest on the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such a cool MiMi!
    I was so glad to find this post! It's been a long time since I visited here!
    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet! Man, I love littles! Mine 3 are not so little anymore and I am excited for grandchildren someday, though not quite yet! I turned 40 in September and feel so young inside. I think it all the work that God has done in me over the last five years. I love your way of thinking about 60 being the new 40 but feeling 25! Thank you so much for this sweet post!

    Hopping over from #WriterWednesday

    Blessings,

    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.