Monday, February 4, 2019

The Journey's Weekly Check-Up #7





Otherwise known as “A Journal of Reflection”


Share something that made you smile

Our youngest granddaughter, Rory, came for a sleepover at MiMi and PaPa's house. Nothing lights up our faces more than a visit from one of the grands!


Share something that made you think / Share a song or a scripture that ministered to you

This week, I'm combining both these prompts because a scripture made me think. It's one of my favorite scriptures:


For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. (NLT)

Thinking on this, I realized a several things. First of all, it takes time to create a masterpiece. Sometimes years!

Then I thought about how more than one passage of scriptures tell us the Lord knits us together in the womb.

Here's an example:


You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body    and knit me together in my mother’s wombPsalm 139:13 NLT

The enemy wants to snuff out all the masterpieces God has been working on. The womb should be the safest place of all for this delicate work to go on; but the enemy has blinded the eyes of the population in order to destroy God's works. The womb has become a place of danger, and in fact, a killing field. "Let the evil of abortion be stamped out," should be the heart-cry of everyone who names the name of Christ.

And the last thought that came to me concerning the word "masterpiece," is the realization of how intricately fashioned the Lord made our bodies. One of our senior saints called to let me know she was in the hospital. Many of the things she said to me made no sense at all. By speaking with her relatives, I learned our dear older one had been found to have a dangerously low sodium level rendering her into a state of confusion. Our Lord designed our bodies to work just so, and having one nutrient lacking can make a world of difference in whether one can function or not.

What a masterpiece! Who could really believe these awesome bodies came together by chance? I submit there has to be an intelligent Creator. In fact, I'd stake my life on it!


Share a win from this week

I'm happy that I now have all my files for 2018 packed away both at the office and at my home office. Now I can file more stuff.   ;)


Share a great quote


Each and every day, we make a boatload of decisions. I was recently challenged in a writers' forum by this statement by Jon Acuff:

“Is this a good decision or just an ego decision?”

Jon dared us to apply that question to every decision we make in 2019. I am doing you the favor of passing along that dare to you!


Share a favorite picture





Rory loves the little table and chairs at MiMi & PaPa's House!

That's a wrap for the week on the Journey! How did last week go for you?

~~~

I just want you to know how highly I value those of you that make your way to the Journey to read my words! I believe encouraging others with the written word is a worthy calling. Thank you especially to those who respond. You make it worthwhile!

I don't want you to miss a post, so why not sign up to subscribe. It's easy-peasy. Just enter your email address in the sidebar right above my profile.

If a post resonates with you, please consider sharing by clicking one of the social media buttons at the bottom of this post.

I'm linking up Inspire Me Monday.


4 comments:

  1. Loved your thoughts on a masterpiece. As a nurse, I can attest to the marvelous makeup of the human body and how God pieced us all together. How amazing He is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart weeps for my state of NY leaders. We seem to be in the end times more and more. Oh if only these "leaders" of our states and this nation would turn to Christ and see themarve,our work He does. Loved these thoughts on a masterpiece and the scripture!!

    You granddaughter is a little cutie!!

    Love having files, etc organized. I'm in the midst of purging our basement and it feels great.

    have a blessed week

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a little sweetie. Grandchildren really are a joy. What a good question to ask about decisions. Hope your new week is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Valentine's Day really is next week!

    It just hit me, Jerralea!

    ;-}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.