Friday, February 8, 2019

Build Your Own Heaven on Earth


A wise woman builds her home, but a foolish woman tears it down with her own hands. Prov. 14:1 NLT

I want to be a wise woman, and so I want to build my home. But what does that even mean? No, we’re not talking about 2x4s, windows, PVC pipe and such, but we are talking about foundations. Foundations we build in our spiritual homes.

Face it, if we are just talking about the structure that protects us from elements – anyone can find a place like that.

A home that is a haven – a heaven on earth – is filled with people you love. So, what makes some homes different than others?

It’s that warm feeling you get when you know you are loved and accepted there; even on your worst days when you’re grumpy and don’t feel like making nice.

A wise wife and mother will build her home by building up her people! We all know what the opposite of building up is – tearing down. And some of us can really tear a person down with our words (or, our facial expressions). Instead, we are meant to lift each other up.

So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing. 1 Thess. 5:11 NLT

So go on cheering and strengthening each other with thoughts like these… 1 Thess. 5:11 Phillips

So speak encouraging words to one another. Build up hope so you’ll all be together in this, no one left out, no one left behind. I know you’re already doing this; just keep on doing it. 1 Thess. 5:11 MSG 

Get the idea? Be your family’s cheerleader and encourager. There is enough in the world already that belittles them and shatters their dreams. You be the one voice they can count on to always have their back.


Be wise; build your own heaven on earth!

~~~


I just want you to know how highly I value those of you that make your way to the Journey to read my words! I believe encouraging others with the written word is a worthy calling. Thank you especially to those who respond. You make it worthwhile!


I don't want you to miss a post, so why not sign up to subscribe. It's easy-peasy. Just enter your email address in the sidebar right above my profile.


If a post resonates with you, please consider sharing by clicking one of the social media buttons at the bottom of this post.


I'm linking up at Five Minute Friday and Crystal's #FreshMarketFriday.

5 comments:

  1. I like being a cheerleader for my family and friends. Have a great weekend, Jerrelea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, encouraging others and building them up is so important and can make more of a difference than we sometimes realise. Visiting from FMF #32.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my word! This is so true.....A wise wife and mother will build her home by building up her people! Thank you for the reminder. Blessing to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am absolutely loving your gorgeous blog! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Be wise; build your own heaven on earth!"

    �� I love this so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.